• In total there are 27 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 27 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

CNN's political discrimination

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: CNN's political discrimination

Unread post

ant wrote:Check your filter settings. You're likely doing something to encourage it.

The leadership being blatantly liberal and intolerant of conservative people and their worldview is enough. You seem to be just shrugging your shoulders with a "so-what" attitude.
I have never touched my filter settings. Which means, apparently it's the default filter settings put in place by the liberal Facebook overlords that allows me to be flooded with conservative memes.

I don't have a so-what attitude. I'm alarmed at the sheer volume of conservative memes that flood me. The leadership being blatantly liberal is great in theory, but doesn't translate to what I see on a day-to-day basis on the site. They aren't controlling people's feeds like you make it seem. What sort of impact are you implying their liberalism has? Because the only thing I see on Facebook is conservatism.
Interbane, one thing about you; you can be unabashedly intellectually dishonest.

You think people are just making this shit up?
I'm not intellectually dishonest ant, you just don't understand what I'm saying.

I don't think people are making this up. The difference is that in spite of Facebook corporate being liberal, my feed is almost unilaterally conservative. If the liberal bias of Facebook corporate is having an impact on what pops up in my feed, I don't see it. This is alarmism that doesn't translate to the streets.

What actually matters is what people share, not what Facebook corporate staff believe. What people share was studied by Oxford University, which found that conservatives share fake news far more often than liberals. This is exactly what I experience on Facebook. I'm not making any of this up, and I wonder how you can't see it also.

http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/ ... nkNews.pdf
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

This is alarmism that doesn't translate to the streets.
Right.. let's dismiss it all because Interbane Facebook scroll is flooding him with conservative bias.

It doesn't translate to your bedroom, Interbane, where you live out your fantasies safely.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Interbane wrote: I can't speak for Twitter, but Facebook doesn't show me left wing bias.
I must have mostly liberal friends because I see a lot of anti-Trump stuff. But that's not coming from Facebook. It's coming from my friends. I must not have a newsfeed or something. I don't know how else Facebook is supposed to betray a liberal bias.

By the way, and I'm borrowing something from Stephen Colbert, do liberals have a reality bias? I'm sure you can find whacked out beliefs on both sides, but it seems to me that much of what is supposed to be a liberal bias is also more more or less accurate.
-Geo
Question everything
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

Litwitlou wrote: That's all I'm sayin'.

CNN is biased but FOX is on it's own little conservative planet.
Of course you're right. For Sean Hannity to publicly endorse--and fawn over--Trump is frankly appalling. It shows that FoxNews has not an ounce of credibility. The lines between journalism and entertainment--and propaganda--have been obliterated over there.

Of course Sean Hannity is only a TV personality, but many people are too ignorant to know the difference. At least Dan Rather is still around.

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/circu ... girardeau/
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Of course you're right. For Sean Hannity to publicly endorse--and fawn over--Trump is frankly appalling. It shows that FoxNews has not an ounce of credibility.
CNN reports Fox News staffers are condemning Hannity for his recent behavior.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/media/fo ... index.html

Good thing we know CNN is fake news, therefore, this story is likely also fake.. huh?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:
Of course you're right. For Sean Hannity to publicly endorse--and fawn over--Trump is frankly appalling. It shows that FoxNews has not an ounce of credibility.
As they should. But what will the network do?
-Geo
Question everything
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Of course, newspapers have long endorsed politicians, these endorsements probably reflecting the views of the publisher. But that partisanship is supposed to be confined to the endorsement itself rather than being evident in story selection and word choice throughout the paper. That kind of total impartiality of the news sections is probably never achieved because we're human. But many papers do a good job of it. On the broadcast side, the PBS Newshour presents opinion from both sides. However it seems to me that Trump and Trumpers will inevitably come out looking not so good in any objective presentation. Sorry if that seems a biased view. I look at it as more "the nature of the beast."
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

geo wrote:
ant wrote:
As they should. But what will the network do?
Well, it's a good sign his colleagues are speaking out.

As to what the network should do; they should fire him, imo.
But likely won't.

Return to “Current Events & History”