• In total there are 46 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Re: Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

Unread post

The mid-term election in a few days will be interesting. It’s basically do or die for Leftists in America. It makes me think of the battle of Gettysburg, which was do or die for the Confederacy. When they lost, the rest was just dénouement. It will be interesting to see if Hillary and Maxine Waters can go gently into the night.

But the Left will play some interesting cards between now and election day, I’m sure. Like the current fake “bombing” story. The day the story broke, the number one searched term on google was “false flag.” That’s what the event is. And everybody knows it.

I expect the election will turn into a contest to see who can manipulate votes better, so no telling how it will turn out. I lost confidence in the election system when a court appointed our president in 2000. Come to think of it, that election hinged on votes counted in Broward County, Florida. The same county where they just caught the “MAGA bomber.” The same county where the police stood down during the Parkland school shooting. The Obama/Daley machine in Cook County, Illinois may be as corrupt as the Wasserman/Bush machine in Broward, but if so only by a hanging chad.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:
Like the current fake “bombing” story. The day the story broke, the number one searched term on google was “false flag.” That’s what the event is. And everybody knows it.
Everybody knows what? What fake bombing story? I missed it.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Anyone see this?

Democratic candidate removes rival's pamphlet from voter's home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoGEJwBd_c

ZERO integrity
I didn't look at the video, but if this particular candidate removed his rival's pamphlet from a voter's home, doesn't that show that only this particular candidate is lacking in integrity? Or is it your thesis that all liberals lack integrity? I think you will find that such broad generalizations aren't fair or accurate.
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

geo wrote:
ant wrote:Anyone see this?

Democratic candidate removes rival's pamphlet from voter's home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSoGEJwBd_c

ZERO integrity
I didn't look at the video, but if this particular candidate removed his rival's pamphlet from a voter's home, doesn't that show that only this particular candidate is lacking in integrity? Or is it your thesis that all liberals lack integrity? I think you will find that such broad generalizations aren't fair or accurate.
Is your thesis a generalization that because a centrist points out a democrat's gross, unethical misconduct, he believes all democrats are of unsavory character?

Come on.. the point should be obvious by now.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

They all say it..

"This may be the most important election of your lifetime!"

The people who have said that throughout history are those who are no longer in power.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/10/26/ ... ssion=true
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

ant wrote:They all say it..

"This may be the most important election of your lifetime!"

The people who have said that throughout history are those who are no longer in power.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/10/26/ ... ssion=true

Reason.com Read it. Believe it. Or else!
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:But the Left will play some interesting cards between now and election day, I’m sure. Like the current fake “bombing” story. The day the story broke, the number one searched term on google was “false flag.” That’s what the event is. And everybody knows it.
This is really not credible. I saw declarations that it was a false flag campaign before he was caught, and some that said he had no doubt been assassinated by the left so that he would not talk. Most of those people have the sense to stop talking when the facts roll in. But no, you are going to tell us that it was a Broward County fix and all the evidence about the guy is a smokescreen. :slap:

Evidence is wasted on some people.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

What I find odd about the bombing story is how the packages were delivered without cancelling the stamps. They were sent to widely separated locations, so the "bomber" must have been zipping around at light speed in his van. And that van... In America today, insane Leftists feel that it is their right to slap a Trump supporter's hat off his or her head. That's the climate that "Resist" leader Clinton and other handlers have created. Yet, the "bomber" drives around all over the US, depositing his envelopes in various locations, in this:

That thing would have been torched within a week of hitting the streets.

Here's the guy's arrest record:

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/defa ... k=VsNUoTve

Lots of problems in Broward. They had him by the balls on something. He did what he was told to do, and now he's in the custody of the FBI.

My favorite story about this kind of FBI thing is still the KKK march.

It's estimated by some that as many as half of the members of the KKK are FBI informants. This from 2007:

Florida Neo-Nazi rally was organized by FBI informant

February 15, 2007

A paid FBI informant was the man behind a neo-Nazi march through the streets of Parramore that stirred up anxiety in Orlando’s black community and fears of racial unrest that triggered a major police mobilization.

That revelation came Wednesday in an unrelated federal court hearing and has prompted outrage from black leaders, some of whom demanded an investigation into whether the February 2006 march was, itself, an event staged by law-enforcement agencies.

The FBI would not comment on what it knew about the involvement of its informant, 39-year-old David Gletty of Orlando, in the neo-Nazi event. In court Wednesday, an FBI agent said the bureau has paid its informant at least $20,000 during the past two years.

“Wow,” Gletty said when reached by phone late Wednesday. “It is what it is. You were there in court. I can’t really go into any detail now.”

blogs.ubc.ca/ross/2007/03/florida-neo-n ... informant/
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: My favorite story about this kind of FBI thing is still the KKK march.

It's estimated by some that as many as half of the members of the KKK are FBI informants. This from 2007:
This is the way you work: cite a "fact," then provide a piece of evidence which, if read at all carefully, doesn't substantiate the "fact." Nothing in the Sentinel story supports the absurd claim that half of KKK membership is FBI. Take a conservative estimate of KKK membership, 5,000. Anyone who believes the Bureau is devoting 2,500 of its agents to such a mission has a serious credulity problem.

Late edit: I mistakenly read your claim as "FBI agents" rather than what you wrote, "FBI informants." I apologize for that error.
Last edited by DWill on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

In America today, insane Leftists feel that it is their right to slap a Trump supporter's hat off his or her head. That's the climate that "Resist" leader Clinton and other handlers have created. Yet, the "bomber" drives around all over the US, depositing his envelopes in various locations, in this:

I like to wait for facts to start rolling out in high profile cases like this before I jump to conclusions. This guy seems to fit the "I'm crazy" profile that would fit crimes like this.

Having said that, you're partially correct with your comments about the "resist" climate: the left has contributed to the current political climate, particularly pencil head liberals like Maxine Waters. One only needs to search youtube for dozens of incidents involving citizens confronting people wearing these "MAGA" red caps and sometimes slapping them off the heads of people.
I wonder why the more reasonable liberals never come forward and condemn assaults like this. My guess is that it's due to their hypocritical politics.

What about it, Geo, DWill? Do you find these MAGA Hat assaults deplorable, or not? They are by definition acts of violence against people who's freedom of expression is constitutionally protected in this country.

There was a hashtag circulating on social media recently titled #KeepNYCTrashFree. A user flagged a post under this hashtag of a picture of what seems to be a miniature billboard affixed to a public trash bin in NYC. The billboard has a profile drawing woman wearing a MAGA hat and holding a bible. She is circled out with a heading "Keep America Trash Free"
In this day and age of photoshop, it can be difficult to determine fact from fiction. If the above is indeed a true picture it has to be considered extremely alarming. This type of propaganda is equivalent to the NAZI propaganda that was used to dehumanize Jewish citizens.

For a factual and recent example of the left dehumanizing a political figure, look no further than the reprehensible treatment of Sara Huckabee Sanders. The left's treatment of her has been both foul and sexist. The latter, ironic because the left is allegedly the champion of women's rights.

But, you know.., "They go low, we go high"

Return to “Current Events & History”