• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What FICTION book should we discuss in November, December & January?

Assist us in selecting our upcoming FICTION book for group discussion in this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is required to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: What FICTION book should we discuss in November, December & January?

Unread post

I'll be creating both the fiction and non-fiction polls soon. ;-)
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:I'll be creating both the fiction and non-fiction polls soon. ;-)
Glad to hear it. I'm wasting time being baffled by bs. Need to get my head in a book.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Hopefully not my bullshit! 8)
Tinker-Books
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I would like to suggest "Twisted Tales of the Yellow Brick Road" a new book by a first time author and the first book I have the privilege of publishing. It is a collection of short stories, inspired by the fairy tales we grew up reading twisted into adult versions of your old favorites and including a bonus story inspired by Angela Carter's "The Erl King" I will be happy to provide a free epub to anyone who is interested. Her book is scheduled to be book of the month for November at The Naked Reviewers.
“Stray not beyond the village wall.
For the woods are dark and the night is long.
Beware, beware, the Goblin King’s call.”

Take a trip down the yellow brick road and revel in the beauty, horror and madness that awaits…four beloved fairy tales with a bonus story inspired by Angela Carter’s The Erl King.

Word count ~26,500

Sleeping Beauty. A case of mistaken identity. A spoilt, murderous prince lifts up the first beauty he sees, and unable to wake her, carries her away and marries her anyway. Little does he know, she's a kitchen wench.
Cinder. A rat with dreams larger than her front teeth. A fairy gives her an opportunity to live as a human and marry the handsome prince. But the price is hefty. A life for a life. Who will she kill in order to take their place in the human world?
Snow White. A psychopathic princess with severe Mommy issues. Her mother, an abused Queen-turned-Regent, was a mere kitchen wench when her husband stole her away. Murdering him did not slake her thirst for vengeance and a newfound greed for everlasting life and power. Thus, she asks her daughter to do the unimaginable.
Beauty and the Beast. Well, Beauty became a wizard and the Beast turned green, torn asunder by the crimes Beast committed throughout her life. As the only daughter of the fearsome Erl-King, she carried in her the seed of evil. Will Beauty's love save her? And its shadowed claim stretching over these many kingdoms and lurking on the edge of all these tales, lies the great and terrible forest of many names. At its heart, a Goblin King ensnares the hearts of the youth he seduces into his trap, weaving their cages and casting their souls into madness. Until one day, he meets his match in a frightened young girl with golden eyes.
Connecting all four of these tales is the winding, twisting yellow brick road, with no end and no beginning and a propensity to take one exactly where they have no business going.
About the Author
Aneesa Yasin is an author living in Yorkshire, the grandest county in the UK. Just a short distance away is Haworth, birthplace of the famous Bronte Sisters. She credits the auspicious location of her residence and a first time reading of 'Wuthering Heights' as one of the strongest reasons behind her love of writing growing up. After graduating from the University of York in 2017, she has turned all her energy towards fulfilling her two life long dreams: becoming an author and adopting a dog, a cat and a kangaroo.
Last edited by Tinker-Books on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm locking this thread and creating a poll thread right now.

Return to “What fiction book should we read and discuss next?”