• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

We Did NOT Evolve From Primates!

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Re: We Did NOT Evolve From Primates!

Unread post

As it turns out, animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life, making mushrooms more closely related to humans than plants.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Penelope wrote:As it turns out, animals and fungi share a common ancestor and branched away from plants at some point about 1.1 billion years ago. It was only later that animals and fungi separated on the genealogical tree of life, making mushrooms more closely related to humans than plants.
Thank you for clarifying this. I was scratching my head over the first one, since obviously animals move around, so mushrooms are like plants. Kind of a platypus case, I guess: it is possible to be a mammal even though you still do the egg-laying thing.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

Of course we did not evolve from primates. I don't know anyone who thinks we did. Darwin said man and apes share a common ancestor, not that one evolved from the other.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Litwitlou wrote:.
Of course we did not evolve from primates. I don't know anyone who thinks we did. Darwin said man and apes share a common ancestor, not that one evolved from the other.
Still, the statement is true, and not only because we ourselves are primates.

Return to “Science & Technology”