• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Life Know-How: Sensible Advice to Live Life to the Fullest

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
thalakola
Getting Comfortable

Life Know-How: Sensible Advice to Live Life to the Fullest

Unread post

Hello,

My name is Viswanatha Reddy. I live and work in Pune, India.

The name of my latest book is "Life Know-How: Sensible Advice to Live Life to the Fullest".
It is available on Amazon at this URL:
Life Know-How

I got inspired by my love for my kid and the desire for my kid to live a good life even when I am no longer around.
I read some where that ancient Egyptians used to write life manuals for their children.

Life know-how is the self-help book for adults (ages 18-35 years) who like to actively deal with the life’s problems, challenges and disappointments and want to live life to the fullest. The aim is to prepare them to deal with the curve balls that life invariably throws at all of us.

Irrespective of your nationality, religion, race, profession or gender; the problems of life are about the same across the board. Living a good life requires everyone to solve life problems, manage interpersonal relations, handle career, make big decisions rationally, cope up with negative emotions, and work towards fulfilling aspirations. It is useful to have sensible advice to deal with all these activities. In a very candid how-to guide,I serve up 34 chapters that help the reader to:

*Accept the problems. Take responsibility and solve them.
*Manage interpersonal relationships with friends, your life partner and people in general.
*Handle your career, time and work-related stress.
*Cope up with negative things like anger, depression, failures, hatred, mistakes, rejection, self-doubt and unhappiness.
*Work towards achieving your desires and goals.
*Deal with criticism, important decisions, money and more…

By the end of the book, the reader will be armed with tips and techniques to face life’s challenges.

The variety of topics its covers is what make the book interesting.

Here are some short and sensible advice from the book:
Chapter 1: Handling Life Problems
Tip # 6. You may feel bad about lot of injustices happening to you and people you know. But this world is like a dog’s curly tail that cannot be straightened. And as much injustice and unfairness as there is in this world, there is a lot of goodness and generosity in this world as well; people are the beneficiaries of random acts of kindness more often than they realize or would like to acknowledge. It is therefore very important to have a balanced view of life. When you see some injustice happening, speak up if it makes sense to do so, but in the right manner. However, don’t dwell on it too much; appreciate the good things in this world and move on with your life with positive and happy thoughts

Chapter 4: Handling Friendships
Tip # 2:Maintaining friendships requires a lot of work. Show appreciation to your friend whenever you get the occasion to do so. Return favours to them when they go out of their way to help you. Take interest in your friends’ lives, become a good listener, and give advice only if they ask for it. Build trust with your friends by keeping your promises, keeping secrets safe, and not indulging in any gossip. And have fun together by doing things that you and your friends like.

Chapter 8: Handling Life Partner
Tip # 1: Many partners do not communicate properly and often argue regularly with each other presenting a limited version of the reality of what is happening between them. This creates problems in relationship. Proper communication between both partners requires approaching it not as a battleground where one must prove they are right but as a way of resolving issues whenever they arise. Each partner should give up the need to be right, listen to what the other person is saying, try to empathize with the partner’s feelings, show compassion, and gain a deeper understanding of what the other person is feeling. This removes the confusion and both can resolve all misconceptions.

Chapter 17: Handling Fear and Self-doubt
Tip # 6. When you compare yourself with somebody else’s accomplishments, you may feel inadequate. So it’s best not do it at all. Instead, it is much better to compare to the past version of yourself. If you are going in the right direction and getting better as a person with every passing day, then that is all that matters.

Chapter 24: Handling Body and Mind
Tip #5. Be conscious of what you are eating. Avoid eating junk foods, pre-processed foods, or sugary foods. Eat healthy, wholesome foods instead. This includes eating vegetables, lean meat, fruits, and whole grains as part of a balanced meal. Plain eating is good for body and soul. Eat your biggest meals of the day during breakfast and lunch, in the first half of the day, when digestion process is strong. Eat lightly in the second half of the day when digestion process slows down.

Chapter 30: Handling Money
Tip #6. Invest on a regular basis. Invest in tax saving schemes, mutual funds, initial public offerings (IPOs), property, etc. This money can be very useful in retirement. Investment in mutual funds should be done with a long-time horizon. One has to rebalance the investment portfolio now and then to optimize the returns. Investment in property should also be done with a long-time horizon. So buy something and wait for one or two decades before selling it. Not everything mentioned here may appeal to you. But, find something that appeals and you should do well in accruing money.

I look forward to you to purchasing and reading the book and giving it as gift to your relative in the 18 - 35 years age range.

It is easy to read and had valuable advice.

Thank you.

--
Viswanatha Reddy
thalakola
Getting Comfortable

Re: Life Know-How: Sensible Advice to Live Life to the Fullest

Unread post

Hello book lovers,

Goodreads giveaway of my book. https://bit.ly/2vL1PHS

Please feel free to enter the giveaway.
thalakola
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The give away has successfully ended. If any one has found the info from this site and won the book.
Congratulations!

If someone has not won it, please feel free to buy it at amazon.

Life Know-How

As Leonardo da Vinci said "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".
The unique selling proposition of the book is that LIFE and what it entails has been told in a simple fashion
without using any jargon.

By reading a book that gives all the right pointers to the things you should watch out for in life, you benefit yourself
and end up leading a good life.
thalakola
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hello,

I am happy to announce that paper back version of the book is now available on Amazon in India.

It can be shipped all over the world.

amazon.in/Life-Know-How-Sensible-Advice ... 9381791651
thalakola
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am happy to announce that I updated the book to include 4 new chapters..
Handling Vices
Handling Communication
Handling Procrastination
Handling Thoughts

If you read the book for one and half hour and internalize it, it will
help you lead a good life for the rest of the life.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G1Z3LH6

Hope you purchase a copy of eBOOK on Amazon.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”