• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Re: Draining the swamp - Thank you Donald Trump

Unread post

Oh, yeah. It's the other way round with Elian Gonzalez. The meme didn't trip me up, my memory did.

At any rate, I want to toss this into the meat grinder, see if it comes out digestible:

What Donald Trump Is Preparing
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-03/meyssan-w ... -preparing

Not a very long article, and I think it's accurate. Trump is about to reorganize the global political landscape as we know it. And he will achieve this despite opposition from half of the "liberals" in the country and half of his own party. If he does what this article outlines, then he will become the most accomplished politician in living memory.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote:Oh, yeah. It's the other way round with Elian Gonzalez. The meme didn't trip me up, my memory did.

At any rate, I want to toss this into the meat grinder, see if it comes out digestible:

What Donald Trump Is Preparing
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-03/meyssan-w ... -preparing

Not a very long article, and I think it's accurate. Trump is about to reorganize the global political landscape as we know it. And he will achieve this despite opposition from half of the "liberals" in the country and half of his own party. If he does what this article outlines, then he will become the most accomplished politician in living memory.
My point with Elian Gonzalez is that this is all about what's best for the child. I don't think you make a very good case that democrats or anyone else for that matter cheered when the INS had to break in and take the child by force.

As for Donald Trump "not interested in taking a step back, but on the contrary, abandoning the interests of the transnational ruling class in order to develop the US national economy" (whatever that means), I guess we shall have to wait and see. No matter what Trump wants to do or is trying to do, we will get a chance to see what will unfold with Trump at the helm and a Republican majority in Congress. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. We don't need to speculate because in 2020 (or 2024), we will get to see if we are better or worse off. We will get to see how the new tariffs will play out, and what kind of shape our economy will be in. We will be able to assess if U.S. has any credibility left after years of exaggerations, lies, half-lies, half-truths, and all kinds of nonsense coming from POTUS Trump. And even further out we will be able to see how much the federal deficit will climb from the effects of President Donald Trump's tax cuts. The CBO says the nation's $21 trillion debt will spike to more than $33 trillion in 10 years. Trump and the Republicans say the tax cuts will "pay for themselves." So we actually get to see who is right. Call it the Trump experiment.
-Geo
Question everything
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

geo wrote: As for Donald Trump "not interested in taking a step back, but on the contrary, abandoning the interests of the transnational ruling class in order to develop the US national economy" (whatever that means),
I read the piece, and it means "breaking all the institutions in sight." It vaguely alludes to rebuilding a world order, but has not an iota of suggestion about how to do that or what a new world order would be like. Basically, the author is saying,
"Trump is going to BURN IT DOWN!" And you fill in whatever your pet peeve is for "IT" and think how fun it will be to roast marshmallows in the flames.
geo wrote: I guess we shall have to wait and see. No matter what Trump wants to do or is trying to do, we will get a chance to see what will unfold with Trump at the helm and a Republican majority in Congress.
That's what we have. And the answer is the only thing the Republicans have been consistent about for the last 20 years, which is "cut taxes" (for the rich, mainly). They can't do anything else because they have, with great determination, handed power over to their extremists, reinforced by media which diligently lead people by the nose and by rich families who know what they want.

Being in government means having to face the choice between screwing their voters and screwing their donors, and they are hoping they can pirouette down the line in between the two without either of them getting really upset.
geo wrote:The proof is in the pudding, as they say. We don't need to speculate because in 2020 (or 2024), we will get to see if we are better or worse off.
It's quite possible that by 2020 we will think we are better off but not be nearly as well off as we would have been had the Dems been elected. There will be more GHG's in the atmosphere, so warmer temperatures, bigger hurricanes, more wildfires in the West, and a few steps further down the road to catastrophe. There is no particular reason to think the economy will get much worse - even if Trump continues with his trade war stupidity, the negative effects will probably be localized and quite a few people will think whatever the costs it is worth it to protect "our" jobs (which is as dumb as Dear Leader). The deficit will explode, but politically, a lot of people will think it's for a good cause (even though they aren't seeing benefits themselves.)
geo wrote: We will be able to assess if U.S. has any credibility left after years of exaggerations, lies, half-lies, half-truths, and all kinds of nonsense coming from POTUS Trump.
Will we? That's not what the evidence points to. It would appear that close to a majority of Americans does not care about lies or America's credibility, and if the balance of the electorate is satisfied that he will keep their taxes low, they are willing to overlook the erosion of democracy.
geo wrote: The CBO says the nation's $21 trillion debt will spike to more than $33 trillion in 10 years.
"Fake news." Which is right-wing codespeak for "We don't care, only pointy-headed nerds care".

You will see. The deficit will track the predictions of the CBO (who do, in fact, know what they are doing.) The temperatures will keep climbing on schedule. The medical insurance markets will start to unravel. And 45% of the country will still say, "Damn good thing we didn't let those liberals take charge."

Whoever wins the actual elections and controls the houses of Congress, Democrats will get 53 to 55 percent of the votes cast. And they may still not win the elections.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

The New York Times wrote:As the scandals mounted through the spring, Mr. Pruitt was called to testify before several House and Senate committees. Although they were routine budget hearings, they ended up serving as forums for lawmakers to interrogate Mr. Pruitt about his management practices. Mr. Pruitt, who is deeply religious, spent considerable time in the days before the hearings in prayer, according to a person close to him.

He got through the hearings battered but intact, after deflecting blame for numerous issues onto his staff,
"Lord, you know I'm in trouble here. Help me out, please. Who can I blame for my sins?"
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Draining the swamp of Trump's horrible choices.

Pruitt really takes the cake though. Instead of continuing the mission of the EPA to ensure clean water and and air, Pruitt bent over backwards to industry lobbyists, allowing the industry to dictate its terms, to hell with the American people. A true fox guarding the proverbial henhouse, and leaving a trail of ethics violations all the way. Praise Jebus!
-Geo
Question everything
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Video just released of the Clintons flying commercial (22 second video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7C7jS8NGiU

The Clintons detest the common folk, so hopefully this is an indicator that their assets have been frozen. Trump signed the executive order cited in post # 1 of this thread, so maybe the Clinton Foundation’s funds are currently off limits to Bill and Hillary, meaning no chartered planes and VIP treatment. I hope that’s the case.

The whole Russiagate thing aimed at Trump has been a distraction, to take attention away from the Clintons and Obama. They committed unprecedented acts of espionage and treason. But the Obama stay-behinds (Vichy Americans) are doing their best to cover for their boss. While Trump forges ahead. In a couple of hours he nominates a judge for the Supreme Court. I like moderation, but I hope this judge is a raging conservative. We need balance on the court again.

What else?

Oh, the “no borders” loons currently baying at the sky in different parts of the country. I wonder how long it will be until Rex 84 is implemented? Rex 84 = mass arrests:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84

The US decommissioned a BUNCH of stateside military bases after the Berlin wall came down. This was part of our “peace dividend.” Bases were decommissioned but several were never reassigned to other uses. They’re still there, empty but ready to be utilized for mass incarcerations. They’ll probably be used in the near future for illegal aliens, then later perhaps for leftist “terrorists.”

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act defined domestic terrorism in 2001. From an ACLU article:

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover "domestic," as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism....

aclu.org/other/how-usa-patriot-act-rede ... -terrorism

When leftists create a disturbance at one of their assault-oriented protests, they 1) violate a law and, 2) endanger human life, and 3) do these things while attempting to influence government policy through intimidation or coercion. If the federal government wants, it can charge and convict the protestors as domestic terrorists. Once convicted of terrorism against the US government, they could be stripped of citizenship and locked away forever. It sucks that such a law is on the books, but since it is, and since American leftists are becoming more dangerously delusional by the day, we may see people charged under the USA PATRIOT Act. We could see thousands arrested.

But one thing at a time. An hour and a half ‘til Trump sets the Dem-wits off on a fresh round of baying with his court pick.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

KS wrote:The Clintons detest the common folk, so hopefully this is an indicator that their assets have been frozen.
They don't freeze accounts based on memetic conspiracy theories. They require actual evidence, somewhere outside the echo chamber of social media sites.

And if you want to see someone who detests the common folk, look into how Trump has treated his contractors. The guy is an egotistical prick. And a "genius".
They committed unprecedented acts of espionage and treason.
Right, says your conspiracy websites.
Oh, the “no borders” loons currently baying at the sky in different parts of the country. I wonder how long it will be until Rex 84 is implemented? Rex 84 = mass arrests:
So "baying at the sky" is no longer covered under freedom of speech? :P
When leftists create a disturbance at one of their assault-oriented protests, they 1) violate a law and, 2) endanger human life, and 3) do these things while attempting to influence government policy through intimidation or coercion.
Yet when you step outside the echo chamber you're living in, you'll find that extremists on the far right are potentially more dangerous(20 out of 37 cases of extremist related murder in the US in 2017.)
I like moderation, but I hope this judge is a raging conservative.
This statement is self-contradictory.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: I like moderation
Um...what???
Last edited by DWill on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

What is the appeal of less government? I understand redundant and unnecessary regulation, and the balance required between them and beneficial regulations. Why do I not understand the far right position? Doesn't government provide some good service?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Yes, moderation DWill. The Supreme Court is 9-member, and it tends to swing to the left with 5-4 votes too often. Leftist judges think it's their job to make law. It's not. Congress makes law, the president enforces it, the courts interpret it. And for quite a while now the SCOTUS has been ruling to the left side of issues. The new nominee, Kavanaugh, is an establishment guy, but at least he seems to believe that law should be judged according to the constitution. That's good. The court needs a dose of that right now, to burn away some of the Marxist crap left over from previous courts. Moderation achieved over time, like a pendulum swinging. It's time for a swing to the right.

And Interbane...I don't know what to make of your statements. I could post links to hundreds of videos showing attacks on Trump supporters. Elected Democratic officials are calling for violence against Trump supporters. Leftist Bill Maher is praying for an economic crash, to make Trump look bad. People die during economic downturns, but multi-millionaire Maher doesn't care. And whassup with Democrats hoping Trump's dealings with North Korea fall apart? Dems are actually wishing for WW3 and nuclear annihilation, to make Trump look bad.

Cult of personality is bad. The nation had to watch through 8 years of Marxist Muslim Barry Soetoro being worshipped by goosestepping leftists, and it was pretty revolting. Now the Dems are caught up in a cult of anti-personality with their Trump Derangement Syndrome. You folks want the world to come crashing down, in order to make Trump look bad.

The Trump-bashing is just cover for the wreckage that Obama left behind. The left actually thought that Clinton was a shoo-in, so they didn't bother to cover their tracks while committing the most egregious acts of domestic criminality ever witnessed in Washington DC. Barry Soetoro (aka Barack Hussein Obama) ordered the FBI to derail the Trump campaign. The FBI then inserted agents into the Trump campaign and attempted to entrap campaign workers with sting operations. Nixon's crime was in trying to cover up Watergate. He didn't know about the break-ins until after. Barry Soetoro ORDERED the break-ins. His crimes are at least a zillion times worse than Nixon's.

Hopefully our hamstrung attorney general, Sessions, will be gone after the mid-term elections. Attorneys General get 2 years if they're ineffective, and Sessions needs to be jettisoned like yesterday's enchilada. And with luck we'll get congressman Trey Gowdy as his replacement. Gowdy's not running for re-election, so he'd be available. Here's a clip of him at the Strzok questioning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjks2axTRDA

Strzok is the FBI agent with the text messages, sent to his lover, another FBI agent. Strzok is married but was cheating with his co-worker, so that tells you what kind of guy he is. And he and his lover traded texts about having to derail Trump, they needed an insurance policy and so on. Said Clinton should win 10 million to zero. A real Clinton zealot, and when he testified to congress he said his actions were not biased. He's like a pulp story sociopath, so crudely drawn. He's like Obama saying, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" a hundred times, and then denying he ever said it. Mental illness seems to be the glue holding the Democrats together at the moment.

ADDITION: I typed the above, then saw Interbane's new post. Limited government is good. You don't need bureaucrats telling you what to do. You don't need bureaucrats stealing your money and redistributing it. Government yes, but limited. Anybody who CAN abuse their power WILL abuse their power, so you don't need bureaucrats taking away your means of protecting yourself from their abuses. Libertarian is a good way to look at life in America. Root word 'liberty.' Hold to the Bill of Rights and life is good.

Return to “Current Events & History”