• In total there are 40 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Facebook Logic

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Facebook Logic

Unread post

I've often made snarky comments to friends about their facebook logic. But after being more active on the social media website, I've realized that it isn't just a snarky comment.

I don't disable comment by anyone. I let it all flow, from whatever source. And I'm sickened by how stupid my social network is.

Grammatical errors, spelling errors, and social errors aside, the amount of logical ineptitude is staggering.

I haven't seen more than a handful of "argument" posts that don't commit fallacies. I'm not a hardcore facebook fanatic, but I browse it a couple times a day for ten minutes or so. The majority of arguments, which are usually political, are fallacious. It's not just from a single person or handful of people either. It's from many different acquaintances. I can point to the fallacy directly, without any room for doubt. It's clear cut, plain as day, absolutely fallacious, 90% of the time.

I can't be the only person who's experiencing this. Is anyone else in the same boat?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”