• In total there are 47 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Dark reimagined fairy tale based on Vasilisa the Beautiful (Free on KU)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
aprilataylor
Official Newbie!

Dark reimagined fairy tale based on Vasilisa the Beautiful (Free on KU)

Unread post

Vasilisa the Terrible: A Baba Yaga Story is the first in my new Kindle Short Reads series Midnight Myths and Fairy Tales. It's free for Kindle Unlimited subscribers or $1.29 to own.

I greatly appreciate any reads, comments, questions, etc. regarding this story. If you run a book review website/blog and don't have access to Kindle Unlimited, please contact me for a review copy in MOBI format. Thank you!

Description:

Fairy tales depict Vasilisa as beautiful, brave, and fair. But what if terrible was a better description? Baba Yaga has been called everything from a murderous witch to an ambivalent guardian between the living and the dead. But what if she was simply an observant, skeptical elderly woman who was cast out of society for being different?

A small village is filled with fear after Vasilisa reports seeing a witch in the nearby cursed woods. Neighbors turn on each other, the land turns bone dry, and bodies begin to pile up. Baba Yaga quickly becomes the primary suspect. Meanwhile, Vasilisa uses her beauty and charisma to bewitch the minds and hearts of every other villager. But is she truly a witch or is something else responsible for all of this mayhem?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”