• In total there are 26 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Book Curse: Ex Libris Bookplates for Vindictive Bibliophiles

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
cvolion
Official Newbie!

Book Curse: Ex Libris Bookplates for Vindictive Bibliophiles

Unread post

I grew tired of my books mysteriously disappearing, so I'm resurrecting the ancient tradition of the Book Curse with an illustrated series of whimsically grim bookplates. Not only do they allow you to clearly mark a book as your own, they also have the space to accommodate your written curse upon the head of the book thief. What began as six designs has now expanded to eight. This began as a personal project, but it turned into a Kickstarter project with the encouragement of a few friends.

Here is the "Trickster" design:

You can see the remaining designs at http://www.bookcurse.com

Thanks!
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Re: Book Curse: Ex Libris Bookplates for Vindictive Bibliophiles

Unread post

How are the plates bound to the books? Glue? That would make a mess if you tried to remove it. If the plates cannot be removed from the books the next owner (who didn't necessarily steal them) will have a problem. If the book is a valuable first edition or a rare find, the plate sure won't help it's value. And if the plate can be removed it's purpose does not hold. I won't put plates on my books. They aren't really my books; hopefully they'll pass to another reader who will treasure them as I do.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: Book Curse: Ex Libris Bookplates for Vindictive Bibliophiles

Unread post

cvolion wrote:I grew tired of my books mysteriously disappearing, so I'm resurrecting the ancient tradition of the Book Curse with an illustrated series of whimsically grim bookplates.
I kind of like this idea, but I must admit I have never been a user of "Ex Libris" plates, stamps or embossing. And now that I get most of my stuff on Kindle . . . .

Return to “Everything Else”