• In total there are 54 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Re: How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

Unread post

TEKennelly wrote:[

Really, the Bible is like "Mein Kampf"?

No doubt. They are both written texts. The Iliad is like the phone book and "Moby-Dick" is like the menu at Burger King. Thank you, Gnostic Bishop.
Uneducated I see.

Can you not picture Hitler saying the following of the Jews?

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Yahweh and Allah are more tyrannical than any of the tyrants we have had to suffer, including Hitler.

At least Hitler is not as vile as his punishment stops with death, while the Gods promise to punish even more after death.

If you do not see that as one of the vilest concepts, your morals need adjusting.

Regards
DL[/quote]

Luke 19:27, in context, looks like the closing line of a parable. There are numerous stories from Jesus about the need to love and forgive your neighbor which are completely at odds with the hate that is characteristic of Hitler's writings and the activity which was his life.

I do not tend to think in terms of eternal punishment after death. I deem the teaching essentially exoteric, or given to persuade people to love and follow the command to love.[/quote]

Can you be commanded to love someone?

I doubt it.

Can you love your enemy? Your enemy might be rapping your wife. Can you love him?

As the song says, there is a time to love and a time to hate.

If God himself loved us all, he would cure us and not kill us or torture us in hell without any end game of making us worthy for heaven and scriptures do not indicate any way to get out of hell.

Regards
DL

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”