• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

"Holding Hope In Our Hands"

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
kristinskenderi
Official Newbie!

"Holding Hope In Our Hands"

Unread post

We live in a world that is hard to understand. It’s been 30+ years and I still have yet to understand why things happen the way they happen. Will I ever know? Probably not. But I hope that one day maybe it will all make sense.

Some days I wish I could go back to the years that were carefree and I had not a worry in the world. Before all of the complication started. I wanted a simple life; house, husband, kids, dog and a job. I never wanted anything handed to me and I was ready to work for what I wanted. And when I got a glimpse of that dream possibly coming true, my life started doing a downward spiral and everything changed in an instant. Life throws lessons at you so you can learn from them. That is exactly what happened to me.

I started jotting down notes as to what was happening in my life. Little did I know that those notes would become the early drafts as to what would later become my book “Holding Hope In our Hands”. The book that would outline, and tell the story of my six-month old son, who was not dealt a fair chance at this life.

I wrote this book because I was very naïve to the life that I was thrown into prior to all of this. My hopes is that whoever reads this book will look at life a little bit differently. And to those who can releate to what we have gone through, if I can find just one person and help give them a little bit of hope and courage to fight a little bit harder, then I have done my job.

Available online on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, Barbara's Bookstore and at any local bookstore's online catalog throughout the country.

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Hope-Our ... +our+hands
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Re: "Holding Hope In Our Hands"

Unread post

I looked up Gaucher's Disease Type 2 and it is indeed terrible. From what I understand it moves fast, is incurable, untreatable, and most often results in death by the age of two.

On the other hand, at least the kid didn't have to go through life suffering under the name Nixon.
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
kristinskenderi
Official Newbie!

Re: "Holding Hope In Our Hands"

Unread post

Actually, Nixon is alive and well. He now makes the enzyme he was lacking on his own and is 4 years old. Oh....and he is very proud of his name!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”