• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

I wrote this for the religious forum but it seems to be a question that I should have put to Republicans as they are exhibiting the same vile morality as pedophile priests and the religious who ignore morality to feed their tribal needs.

Do you see any difference in the immoral and unethical position of both groups?

How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Do Republicans and pedophile priests share the same vile sexual morality.

Unread post

It appears you are posting the same information in multiple threads with differing opening paragraphs?
Wazzup widdat? Do you want us to re-post our same replies in each thread?
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Let's see if I've got this straight: are you equating all Republicans with sexual perverts? I find that more than a bit offensive. Granted, I think this guy Moore running for the Senate in Alabama has an unhealthy attraction for young girls and should never have gotten the nomination, but what about Al Franken of Minnesota? They even caught him in the act on film!

Do I consider all Democrats sexual deviates - of course not! I think you are taking stereotyping a bit too far here.
Slaverz_Bay
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Hmmm....well, apparently the Repubs do NOT have the market cornered on sexual misconduct.

Nor or they even remotely ALONE in this regard..even among the field of politics.

Did I even have to point this out? LOL. Well, not to most rational, non-biased, objective folks, of course.

But for the Troll Patrol...to which this OP assuredly belongs......there IS this...........

https://www.ranker.com/list/democrat-se ... eb-infoguy

hope it helps!
LOL
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

But you're wrong. Gnostic Bishop is no troll.
Slaverz_Bay
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

DWill wrote:But you're wrong. Gnostic Bishop is no troll.

Yet....he wrote a trollish question. Surely you can agree that anybody who capriciously throws a blanket, absurdly-over-generalized indictment-laden question such as his OP--where he equated ALL Republicans with pederast priest--is tantamount to a Troll Post.

Thanks for understanding!
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

OK, well, I'll let GB speak for himself on this if he wants to. It's just that I associate trolling with intentionally offending, disrupting, or attacking the legitimate users of discussion forums. I don't put GB in that category, not at all. I don't go along with his views on many points, but he's a contributor here in my opinion.

By the way, welcome to booktalk!
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

On a lighter note, I see these all these instances lately about improper behavior as a tremendous business opportunity for the T-shirt industry. Just picture this: I WAS GROPED BY (FILL IN NAME HERE) T-shirts available in all sizes, styles and colors!
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

There's a "who's next?" vibe out there, especially now that even Bush I has been tagged as a dirty old man. I don't make light of all this, though. Sometimes acting like a real jerk can have serious consequences for the jerk. I'm talking about some of the the cases of groping breasts or butts or forced kissing, not the cases that would always have been considered criminal if exposed (such as Roy Moore with the 14-year-old). I think in the past (and still today to a lesser extent), some men felt that they were protected by a societal attitude that winked at "men being men," just having some good old-fashioned fun by getting romantic with an unsuspecting woman. And women knew that their only real choice was to put up with this workplace hazard. Now, we've evolved to the point where all of this is viewed as assault and subject to criminal penalty. Al Franken, for all I know, might now abhor the very behavior he indulged in 7 years and more ago, but he has to pay a price for his earlier moral laxity.

Return to “Current Events & History”