• In total there are 19 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording?

Unread post

The wealthiest will casually surf any collapse from the top down, staying on top of everyone else the entire time. They will have sufficient resources to manage a stable decline.

Any uber-wealthy person who fights for redistribution will lose to all the other uber-wealthy people who fight against it. They'll try to keep things stable through other means.

Speaking to my friend recently, I asked him what he considered the greatest threat to society. He said "the poor masses voting themselves free stuff". I think this is a popular sentiment, and it's such a cancerous half-truth that it makes me sick. Partly because it's half true, and partly because it's propogandist misdirection. It is the lesser of two evils, propped up as the greater of two evils. These two evils are at opposite ends of the spectrum, and the solution is balance. But the propogandist misdirection has us balancing in the wrong direction, empowering the greater of the two evils.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams

Return to “Current Events & History”