• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Despair Praised

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Despair Praised

Unread post

:welcome: Hello. My name is Abdullah X or Mr. X or MrAbdullahX. I'm a poet, and a writer in general. I'm here to share the word of a book I think a lot of people will like and benefit from: Despair Praised. It is my upcoming poetry book about a boy who narrates his experience with issues like depression, loneliness, emptiness, anxious, anger, and more. I intend to release on Wattpad sometime in either late October or early November and keep constant updates here. So, if interested, please follow me on my twitter here: www.twitter.com/MrAbdullahX or just keep track of this forum here. Thank you for your time and I hope everyone can enjoy and relate.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Re: Despair Praised

Unread post

So far, I have made about two poems for Despair Praised. They are versed and I think have come out well. However, life has hit me with some other responsibilities so I'm wondering just how early I can get this out. Either way, I'm happy to work on it when I can. Despite the fact that this book will be a narration of a boy's feelings, I feel resonance with my own in some way. I hope people will be able to feel that as well when this releases.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I think that the recent events of Las Vegas only strengthens the need for this book. People are so unsettled by the world, it's so easy to be disparaged and depressed. I'm hoping to make something people can really relate to. I feel the same way and I also need it to show. I'm going to work twice as hard to keep pace during the process. If all goes well, I hope to have it out by December at the latest. We need this and I intend to deliver. Anyway, I don't intend for this to be a place where I give my thoughts, just updates on the book at large. Thank you for reading.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

So far, I have made two poems, already conceptualizing the third. This won't be a long book, just something to read and relate to, as I keep reiterating. I hope it comes across simple enough, as that is the intention without being dumbed down.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

It's been a few weeks since my last update, but the poetry book is still progressing, slowly but surely. I realize in this book, I'll have to be careful with certain topics and things, but I don't want to be so shy to an important subject matter. I feel like being heartfelt without being dark for the sake of darkness will allow this poetry book to stand out in the light I really want it to be in.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

https://www.wattpad.com/story/133769799-despair-praised

Finally released. I'll be sharing more information for the days to come, but this is the book. Detailing things from lonliness to struggles with food, we have here a poetry book that talks about the battles people face everyday. Written in iambic pentameter, 21 poems all released. Do check it out and give me your thoughts/feelings.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”