• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

End Times

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

End Times

Unread post

I've been interested in people who believe the world is about to end. Usually they think the end will come in about 15 years, far enough off that it's difficult to go back and disprove their prediction. "Hey, 15 years ago you said Jesus would come back right about now and cast billions of the unrighteous into eternal flames, what's up with that?" Those conversations rarely happen so the date just keeps pushing into the future as it has for thousands of years.

However I watched a guy talking about end times on one of "those" channels a few days ago and he said "the clock" started ticking with the formation of Israel in 1948. The generation that saw that would be the last one on earth. The longest a generation is said to last is 70 years, therefore he claimed the end of the world could arrive in 2018. At the end of next year he'll be saying "A generation is 80 years, therefore 2028" and no one will question his scholarship.

Now here's a claim that the world will end on 9/23/17. He hasn't learned from numerous previous predictors that you shouldn't be too specific because you'll become a laughingstock.
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/09/ ... claim.html

Any other End Times predictions out there? :P
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: End Times

Unread post

The traditional fundamentalist theories of "the end of the world" involve a basic error. The term mistranslated "world" in the Bible is "Aeon", which actually means "Age". Aeon is best understood to mean Zodiac Age, in line with the pervasive concealed use of this vision of time in the Bible. Pervasive hostility towards astrology has forced suppression of this basic fact, and allowed the crazy idea to get traction that the world will end. It will not. The coherent meaning of this eschatological idea of the End of the Age is that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ is the dawn of the Age of Aquarius, understood as a time of transformation and repair, not collapse. It is possible to analyse this Zodiac Age concept scientifically against pure astronomy, leaving out all speculative interpretation. For example, the Milankovitch Cycles illustrate the major impact of zodiac ages, producing 'seasons' analogous to the seasons of the year, and to the diurnal pattern of night and dark. Christian eschatology fits perfectly within this scientific framework, but the interdisciplinary nature of the topic, connecting religion and astronomy, has meant that it has not been thoroughly explained as yet. That is what I plan to do.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

The only end time for any of us is when we die.

People forget that the bible is representing what happens in our minds/brains.

Theosis and apotheosis, in allegorical terms, are what end times are supposed to represent. Kind of like killing our own egos and being born again with a Christ mind.

The kind of thing these quotes speaks to.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I have claimed to have pushed my apotheosis and it is quite close to mentally dying in the sense that preconceptions get killed and are replaced with a fuller conception of reality.

Ideas die, not people when we are reborn during our end times.

Regards
DL
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

In contrast to the above, I expect there are massive and violent egos involved with some of these End Timers. "Billions of losers have died before, but The Lord has selected ME to witness the wonders of His Final Genocide."

Here are some details from David Meade, predictor of the sudden appearance of Planet X tomorrow, who claims he has been misquoted.
Before we proceed, let’s summarize some important points:
1. Nothing is expected to happen in September.
2. It is possible at the end of October we may be about to enter into the seven-year Tribulation period, to be followed by a Millennium of peace.
3. When Wormwood (Revelation 8 ) is on close approach to Earth sometime during the Tribulation, you’ll have solar flares and a possible loss of the electrical grid for weeks, maybe longer.
4. However, that’s the main risk I see right now because, as I’ve stated in my book, right after the initial solar flare risk I see the Rapture of the true Church.
5. Pretty cool–we’re all gone.

...What amazes me is that this new generation does not engage in critical thinking.

9/20/17
http://planetxnews.com/2017/09/20/tribu ... d-october/
:lolflag:

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Who was that old man that said the world was going to end 3 to 5 years ago? We talked about him here on BookTalk.org. He is now dead but that was fun watching the date come and go.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I'd really like to know who this woman is and what she's up to now...

Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Me too!

LOL
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

It's a potent mix - being sure you understand secret knowledge that most others don't, and a sense of apocalyptic urgency about allegiance to values. ("Apocalypse" means "revelation"). No wonder people keep getting sucked into it like Pizzagate on the internet.

Apocalyptic belief seems to have emerged among the Jews over the loss of independence to "rational" Hellenists of the Antiochus branch. (Apologies to Robert, who understands an entirely different strand of this tradition, but I am happy to think they mixed together freely). These Hellenists were, of course, people who believed their ways were the true and reasonable ways, and therefore forbade circumcision, for example. Enough Jews could see how empire worked to realize they were never going to be rivals to Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece or Rome, and some of them concluded that God was getting ready to move in and take over when the Jews managed to be righteous enough. Yet collaborators, such as the Herodians, kept selling out their revelation. It made for nasty demonization of enemies.

It also sounds somewhat reminiscent of our time (and maybe any time). Does nuclear armament determine what is just? Are we all just bullies on the playground, saying "Make me!" because we can? All will be revealed.
Last edited by Harry Marks on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Wow, David Meade has been busy!
DOOMSDAY POSTPONED FOR THIRD TIME: WILL THE WORLD EVER END?

The end of the world has been rescheduled—again. Now, conspiracy theorists say we have another month to go before an apocalypse, brought on by the appearance of a mystery 10th planet called Nibiru, threatens to wipe out the earth.
In September, conspiracy theorist David Meade’s doomsday prediction made global headlines. But when the world was still intact after the supposed event on September 23, he rescheduled the impending apocalypse to October 15. That date, too, has come and gone with no sign of Nibiru or the prophesied rapture.

Now, a conspiracy website called Planet X News, for which Meade is an occasional contributor, is predicting a series of cataclysmic earthquakes beginning November 19.
http://www.newsweek.com/doomsday-postpo ... end-695942
Keeping up with these shifting prophecies is stressful! :lol:

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”