Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I dumpster dive for books!

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Post Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2
If you're interested in the subject, this series is recommended. Not sure when Season 2 starts, but the 2 hour preview is worth watching on A & E. I used to think the worst of Scientology came out after David Miscavige took over, but this preview documents the psychotic aggressive actions against outsiders has been official policy since L. Ron Hubbard wrote them 1955 - 1959. Leah Remini and Mike Rinder (former Scientology enforcer) are working on a major lawsuit against that organization.

“Engaging in litigation with Scientology is not something that anyone but a fool does lightly." Mike Rinder

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/30/scientology ... -season-2/
http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/27/leah-remini ... -season-2/

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:30 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

Post Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2
I'm LOVING the show! My wife and I and lots of people we know are pretty fired up about a potential lawsuit. I can't believe they've been allowed to cause the harm they have caused for so long. Leah Remini is impressing the hell out of me. Mike, on the other hand, scares me. This guy did so much wrong for so many years that I struggle to forgive him. How about you, LanDroid? Oh, and on a superficial level I find Leah Remini to be really gorgeous.

Casual Chat Every Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern in the BookTalk.org Chat Room! Read More

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:14 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membership
Quantity AND Quality

I think all religions are basically tribal units. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would voluntarily choose to join or remain in an abusive religion and not seek a better one.

I understand the draw of the tribe but to join Scientology turns my small amount of tribal understanding on it's head.

Care to speculate on the poor psychology of joining such a religion?

Regards
DL

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile Email
I dumpster dive for books!

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

I am enjoying this season. The info is even more damaging than the 1st season. Currently a few episodes behind, but I am interested in the lawsuit. Unfortunately I figure if something major was about to happen, the media would have already picked up on it.

Somehow my wife got onto a local Scientology mailing list. They butcher her name as "Houant," so who knows where that came from. Here's a photo of the materials received a day or two ago.

Out of morbid curiosity, my daughter set up an anonymous account and took the personality test. More on that later...

Attachments:
DSC_2853a.JPG
DSC_2853a.JPG [ 524.59 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]

The following user would like to thank LanDroid for this post:
Chris OConnor
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 am
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

I agree about a possible lawsuit. If it were to be a big lawsuit targeting the whole church we'd have heard about it. Something tells me it will be a small suit where one victim seeks some sort of restoration/settlement. That won't impress me much. I'd like to see the church attacked for taking children away from their parents, forcing abortions, locking people up in "the hole," physical abuse by COB, etc...

Casual Chat Every Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern in the BookTalk.org Chat Room! Read More

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:07 am
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.