Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
We have an excellent chat room. How about weekly chats? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

We have an excellent chat room. How about weekly chats?
Is anyone interested in a regularly scheduled hour-long chat session in the BookTalk.org chat room just to socialize with our fellow BookTalk.org members?

Attachments:
chat.jpg
chat.jpg [ 30.55 KiB | Viewed 528 times ]

Casual Chat Every Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern in the BookTalk.org Chat Room! Read More
The following user would like to thank Chris OConnor for this post:
Cattleman, Monkeybear
Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:21 am
Profile Email WWW
Official Newbie!

Re: We have an excellent chat room. How about weekly chats?
I'm new here, so I'd be interested.

The following user would like to thank Monkeybear for this post:
Chris OConnor
Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: We have an excellent chat room. How about weekly chats?
What we need is a few active members that will commit to making an effort to attend the weekly chat. We don't want people to show up to an empty chat room.

Years ago we had weekly chats with up to 15 people in the room on any given chat session. We did them on Thursdays at 9:00 pm Eastern. But our chat room is available 24 hours per day so anyone wanting to volunteer to be a regular in the chat room can set it up for whenever they like.

At this point we're not ready to set a date and time for weekly chats. But this thread can be the start of a discussion. Let's see how many people are interested. BookTalk.org is slow during the summer months so right now things are a bit quiet on the forums.

Thank you for your interest, Monkeybear. :-)

And welcome to BookTalk.org!

Casual Chat Every Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern in the BookTalk.org Chat Room! Read More

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gold Contributor

9pm Eastern USA is 11am where I am now (Esperance WA) and 1pm at my home in Canberra. Now that I am not working full time I could do that.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Nobel Laureate in Literature

Book Discussion Leader

Highscores: 1

I like the idea, provided that a day and time can be agreed upon. I am in Mountain Time, so it would be a two hour differential for me from Eastern Time, but I think I could manage.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Stupendously Brilliant

Silver Contributor

Chris OConnor wrote:
What we need is a few active members that will commit to making an effort to attend the weekly chat.

I'm in.
My only limitation is that weekdays I'm on the job. I'm free during the evenings and most of the weekend.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 am
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I'm pleased to see you guys liking the idea of bringing back weekly chats. We had great success with Thursdays at 9:00 pm Eastern and it seems that is again a good time slot for most people.

What do you think about having a few topic idea to discuss each week? Of course it will be very casual but enticing people to join with a topic or two might work.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile Email WWW
Official Newbie!

I think having a topic would be good to know ahead of time. That way, when the chat time is here, we can have an idea of what we would like to talk about. Like I said before, I'm new to this sort of thing, so I'm not sure if that's the normal way to go or not but I certainly like the idea. 8)

The following user would like to thank Monkeybear for this post:
Chris OConnor
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 am
Profile Email

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I'm not going to personally make every Thursday night chat but I'll do my best. I'm hoping many of you will not only attend them but will try to spread the word of these chats.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 am
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.