• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I'm reading Prowler by Stephen Reynolds

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
wormofbooks
Official Newbie!

I'm reading Prowler by Stephen Reynolds

Unread post

and I gotta say I've never read anything quite like it.
It's this really dark stab at the world and western culture through the eyes (or eye, you'll get it) of a homeless guy choosing to live off the grid because he has had enough of society. It's set on the last night on Earth before a winter storm is about to hit where 'Michael' navigates the surface and gets into all manner of encounters with the people that are out in the nocturnal hours. It's hard to really describe it because it moves in and out of all sorts of tones and feels. mainly because of the main character/voice (it's all through the first person)
there’s a sort of beat down, noirish Charles Bukowski with a bit of Murakami's After Dark

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”