• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Comic memoirs: "Is That The Shirt You're Wearing?"

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
krisbrake
Official Newbie!

Comic memoirs: "Is That The Shirt You're Wearing?"

Unread post

Hi all!
I have recently released, "Is That The Shirt You're Wearing?" my first book, published traditionally by Tidal Press.

A memoir told in essays, Is that The Shirt You’re Wearing? weaves humorous and poignant essays together with journal entries from two summers of my life; updating readers on the lives of my husband, three daughters, and elderly, yet still guilt-inducing mom. While the first summer focuses on Sandwich Generation issues - looking after my young children while also looking after my aging mother - the second summer, 3 years later, focuses on our changing family roles as my eldest prepares to leave for college. Ultimately the memoir follows my transformation from chronic planner to one who discovers the joy of living in the moment.

Advanced Reviews:

"Apparently, Brakeman lives in the cushions of our couch, for how else does she latch onto the universal truths of our lives like this? The secret: Her life is our life. Only funnier. This new book belongs on the shelf between Bombeck and Barry.”

- Chris Erskine, Los Angeles Times

“Brakeman has combined her favorite essays, a slew of new material and a series of journal entries written over two summers which take the reader on a roller coaster ride every mother in America can relate to. It’s great having the kids home for summer. It’s a nightmare having the kids home for summer. We all know that feeling, and Brakeman’s humor reminds us we’re normal, not evil.”

- Liesl Testwuide, Huffington Post

"I love Kristen's essays - she never fails to make me laugh!”

- Kit Hoover, Co-host of Access Hollywood Live

https://www.amazon.com/That-Shirt-Youre ... n+brakeman

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”