Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Need Book Promotion Tips 
Official Newbie!

Need Book Promotion Tips
I just published my second Suspense novel on Amazon and I would like to hear from others on the best way to promote my books. I’ve had good success with emailing friends and with a book talk I did at my local library but I would like advice on how to reach a larger audience. Is advertising on BookTalk an effective strategy? How about Facebook? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:23 pm
Profile Email
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Post Re: Need Book Promotion Tips
I wish I could be of more help but I've learned more about what doesn't work. :) To be honest, I've had little luck with social media. Twitter is just one big ad site now. I've found on Facebook that after your friends and family see that you wrote a book, repeated mentions of it just annoy people. I would try getting it into more libraries, in other towns in your area. Also, try getting on Google and searching for mystery book clubs. Send them a nicely worded email or snail letter (more classy) plugging your book. Be ready to part with some free copies for them to review. Good luck, stay positive.

The following user would like to thank djkirk for this post:
NML
Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:53 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

Thank you djkirk, I appreciate your suggestions and will definitely try more libraries and check out the mystery book clubs.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:07 pm
Profile Email
Getting Comfortable

Hey NVM, if you are looking for book promotion tips you should check out this blog post.

10 Book Promotion Ideas Prove to Increase Sales

It outlines everything you need to do in order to have a successful book and increase your existing book sales.

I hope it helps! :-D

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile Email
Almost Comfortable

The best promotion tip I think is to build a long mailing list, but it requires much time... which is difficult to find nowadays. And everybody claim the best way is to make your own blog, but that also requires time, and constancy. And success is never assured. Which is sure that works well, and has always worked, is word of mouth, so that start circulating among your closest circle, and try they expand to other circles, and so on. Step by step, small steps first, and the following will come. The first readers must be evangelizers of your book. You cannot expect to be a bestseller the first days.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Experienced

Goodreads.com is a great website for discussions with other authors. You can also do a giveaway to promote your book if you have it in paperback format. You only need to giveaway one or two copies and it does help to bring your work to the attention of readers.

Dangerous Liaisons

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The Great Gabsby

From what I've seen (and I don't necessarily recommend any of these):

1. Go out and commit a really serious crime

2. Become a major motion picture star

3. Enter politics and win a seat in the Congress

4. Pick any minority and write something REALLY terrible about them, then once you're out there in print, complain to them about it anonymously (this worked for the board game Ghettopoly)

5. Become a college professor and force your students to buy the book, and test them on it

6. Do a 'gofundme' and tell everyone you're a homeless crack addict just getting your life together, and that the proceeds of the book will go to pet rescue

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm
Profile Email WWW
Almost Comfortable

I´ve found this page, which I think is different compared to other promo sites. The concept of the Themes is nice, different to the usual book categories. It is free to upload your book details and places it in the themes you consider it suits. Hope it can help you as well in your promo efforts.

http://www.iauthor.uk.com/

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:56 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Experienced

Hi Robert - love your comments! Unfortunately, you're right.

Dangerous Liaisons

Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.