• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 723 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 am

Was Gerald Massey a 19th Cent. Cuckoo Banana-Bird or Was Jesus Volguus Zildrohar lord of the Sebouil

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Was Gerald Massey a 19th Cent. Cuckoo Banana-Bird or Was Jesus Volguus Zildrohar lord of the Sebouil

Unread post

The contention of some atheists that Jesus was a repackaging of some other ancient god is decidedly a minority position. In my former time on BT, I did run into that group from a few BT participants who were devotees of D. M. Murdock, so when I came across this video, I thought it was something I should share on BT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-EgjUhRqA
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Re: Was Gerald Massey a 19th Cent. Cuckoo Banana-Bird or Was Jesus Volguus Zildrohar lord of the Sebouil

Unread post

I am not sure why the hyper-link to the video is not working. The link is correct.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Re: Was Gerald Massey a 19th Cent. Cuckoo Banana-Bird or Was Jesus Volguus Zildrohar lord of the Sebouil

Unread post

I think I fixed your link, Stahrwe. There was an extraneous carriage return in there.
-Geo
Question everything
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Thanks, starhwe, loved your post. :clap2: :up: :clap2: Also a big :thanks2: to geo for fixing the link. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Geo, thanks for fixing the link.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

As per usual with stahrwe, this stuff is a case of the pot calling the kettle black, to put it charitably.

The real banana kooks are stahrwe's friends who think God created the universe 6000 years ago and that fundamentalist biblicism is inerrant dogma.

Gerald Massey was entirely scientific and scholarly, despite the largely successful efforts by Christian morons to destroy his reputation. The insults stahrwe has typically linked are nothing but fundy junk lies.

The "Proof of Christ's resurrection" cited by the Lutheran pastor in this video is nothing but delusional fantasy aimed to perpetuate idiotic dangerous fundamentalist patriarchal monotheist military hierarchies.

The real resurrection is performed every day and every year by the sun, aka Horus, aka Jesus Christ.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:The real resurrection is performed every day and every year by the sun, aka Horus, aka Jesus Christ.
I've been reading D.M. Murdock's "The Christ Conspiracy" The allegory appears apparent.

There is film on line that has three parts, the first part demonstrates the greatest story ever sold. It is about thirty minutes.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Here is a link to a transcript of D.M. Murdock's* Part One of The Greatest Story Every Sold TGSES
bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/ze ... eist03.htm

*Achrya S.

Quoting from the transcript for TGSES
Broadly speaking, the story of Horus is as follows: Horus was born on December 25th [S14] [S15] of the virgin Isis-Meri.[S16] [S17] [S18] [D] [M] His birth was accompanied by a star in the east [S19], which in turn, three kings followed to locate and adorn the new-born savior [M] [S20] [S21] At the age of 12, he was a prodigal child teacher, and at the age of 30 [S22] [S23] he was baptized by a figure known as Anup [M] and thus began his ministry[S24] [M]. TGSES
The video I posted takes apart this contention of TGSES.
Quoting the video: "No, there’s no reference in Egyptian mythology to Horus being crucified or resurrected three days later, there’s no documentation anywhere for the existence of a figure named Anup the Baptizer, Horus’ mother was not a virgin woman but [instead she was] the goddess Isis and there is no specific date anywhere tied to the birth of Horus.
Again, quoting from the transcript of TGSES
Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary on December 25th [D] in Bethlehem, his birth was announced by a star in the east, which three kings or magi followed to locate and adorn the new savior.[D]TGSES
Once again, we have TGSES claiming December 25th as the birthday of Jeus. That is not Biblical. In fact, the Bible is silent on the date of Jesus' birth. If December 25th was Horus' birthday, and if the Bible was based on the life of Horus, why doesn't the Bible cite December 25th as the day Jesus was born.

Quoting TGSES
Mithra, of Persia, born of a virgin on December 25th, he had 12 disciples and performed miracles, and upon his death was buried for 3 days and thus resurrected, he was also referred to as "The Truth," "The Light," and many others. Interestingly, the sacred day of worship of Mithra was Sunday. [S54] [S55] [S56] [S57] [S58] [M]
Quoting my video:
Actually, Mithras was born from a rock, not a virgin. He had two companions, not twelve disciples, and the Mithraic meal was one he shared with the sun-god, where they feasted not on his own flesh but on the flesh of a bull. But, even if those claims were true, Christians were already confessing the virgin birth, recognizing the 12 apostles and celebrating the Lord’s Supper before they ever encountered any Mithraic cults
The reason the allegory "seems apparent" is that Gerald Massey contrived it that way.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

stahrwe is linking to an illegal pirate website which has stolen Murdock's published work despite her request for it to desist. Since she died of poverty-related cancer, it is reasonable to honour her memory by not promoting theft of her copyright.

I will not respond further on content in a thread with such an offensive and false title, and request that moderators lock it.

I would be pleased to engage in further discussion in a more respectful context.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

I object. The link is to a transcript of material which is cited in this discussion and is therefore relevant
If there are errors in the materials linked to please point them out or provide an official transcript of the video TGSES.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”