• In total there are 12 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How do atheists handle Santa Claus with their children?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: How do atheists handle Santa Claus with their children?

Unread post

Here's an interesting Santa legend for the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_fypKsEsM
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

When my kids were of Santa-believing age, I wouldn't have said I was atheist (even now, I prefer "godless"). But it seemed that the Santa phase ran its course naturally, along with magic, fairy tales, etc. So even now if I had kids (and please god forbid), I'm guessing I wouldn't intervene in any particular way.
shootseven
Official Newbie!

Unread post

We lie and let them enjoy it. You're only a kid once. Funny, both my daughters early on shared my skepticism of God, but fully bought into Santa; or they were smart enough to pretend to buy into Santa so they'd still get the presents, I'm not 100% sure which.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”