• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Trump vs Schwarzennegger

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Trump vs Schwarzennegger

Unread post

I've never seen "The Celebrity Apprentice," but as you might know, Ah-nold has taken over the hosting duties. And already Trump has gone after him on twitter for failing to pull in the ratings as only DJT himself could do. It's affecting the bottom line, because Trump still makes money from the show. (This person is going to be our president; there still is an instinct to deny the reality.)

It's unfair and needless that a foreign-born citizen can't become U.S. president. Whether or not I could have supported a Schwarzennegger candidacy, he certainly would have been a bona fide contender. As I think the linked article makes clear, in any comparison between Trump and Schwarzennegger, the Arnold comes out way ahead. Some have suggested that Trump might now take a similar path to Schwarzennegger's, that is toward becoming a serious, thoughtful, and ultimately successful leader. That's a new trick the 70-y-o dog just can't learn.

Schwarzennegger took the high road in responding to Trump's tweet. That alone sets him apart from POTUS # 44.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Trump vs Schwarzennegger

Unread post

Schwarzenegger is a hundred times the man Trump is.

Arnold is a legitimate immigrant, boot-strap, self made American success story.
Donald Trump is a piece of shit.

I don't know who I would put Arnold over in a political election, but one person who is seared into the paper on the bottom of that list is Trump
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:It's unfair and needless that a foreign-born citizen can't become U.S. president.
IIRC the Constitutional Framers added this to preclude the installation of Royalty into the Presidency. There were several families in Europe who managed through marriage and other tactics to install their children as heads of multiple nations. (Hapsburgs and others?) That would be much more difficult to to in a democracy, but even now we can almost hear it: "Wealthy movie star and super-stud Prince William of Herefordshire is running for President of the US! OMG really? He is a shoe-in!" :lol:
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Do you think that Constitutional provision should be retained, Landroid?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

We could have had President Henry Alfred Kissinger. Think about that for a few seconds and it probably answers your question. :shock:
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I'm afraid it doesn't! The peril from our domestic pool outweighs that from the foreign. Exhibit A is about to go Oval.

Return to “Current Events & History”