Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Hello From Missouri 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Hello From Missouri
Hello everyone,
I am a male and I am from Missouri. My hobbies include working jigsaw puzzles, playing golf, watching movies. I enjoy reading romance stories, mystery, inspirational or Christian books. I find this site by google search.

The following user would like to thank hlawrence for this post:
Chris OConnor
Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

Post Re: Hello From Missouri
Hellow hlawrence, and :welcome: to Book Talk. I lived in the 'Show Me' state (Kansas City) quite few years ago - my children were still children. :) Always glad to welcome a new member to the site. My favorite genres are (fiction) science-fiction, mystery/crime, and historical. In the non-fiction category I like biographies and general history. :up: My hobbies include writing, fishing and some photography. :wink: Looking forward to some good discussions.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:17 am
Profile Email

:up: Hello,
it is always great to know new people, I am still pretty new on this site. After I finish my thriller book I will work on a mystery. I did come up with a title for it " The One-eyed Informant" I haven't come up with any ideas of about the story yet. I am sure in due time it will come to me. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Harel

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:35 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Hi Harel,

Welcome to the community. :-)

I've recently started to develop a love of jigsaw puzzles too. I'm hoping my wife got me one for Christmas. ;-)

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:02 pm
Profile Email WWW

Hello Chris,
thanks, I understand about your arm. It does make things difficult when your arm is in a cast. I have done some really challenging puzzles sometimes. I even put a 3D puzzle together and it was a challenge. I prefer anything over 500 pieces because I can put those together in about a day. I been wanting to do a 2,000 piece puzzle but no table big enough to do it. Hope your arm heals quick.

The following user would like to thank hlawrence for this post:
Chris OConnor
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:20 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

The last puzzle I did, St. Maarten by Dowdle, was 500 pieces and on the easy side. But that's what I was looking for so it worked for me. I've found the 1,000 piece puzzles a bit of a challenge because of my poor eyesight but they are fun nonetheless. 750 seems about perfect.

2,000 pieces? I'd love to give one of those a shot but it would have to be a puzzle with enough color variation to make it reasonably possible to complete. When a puzzle has huge sections all the same color it can be far from enjoyable. Doing jigsaw puzzles is (or is supposed to be) relaxing and a bit therapeutic to me.

If you have any recommendations on puzzles let me know. The St. Maarten puzzle I mentioned above was bought at Costco for $9.99. It is $19.99 on the Dowdle website. I was very impressed with the quality of that Dowdle puzzle and will do more by that company soon.

Happy puzzling to you. 8)

Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:33 pm
Profile Email WWW

Hello,
do you have a Facebook account? If you do there is a puzzle game called Jigsaw Friends. There are a lot of puzzles to work.
Thanks,
Harel

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.