• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Accelerating World: Speed vs. Control

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Eloise
Official Newbie!

The Accelerating World: Speed vs. Control

Unread post

Have you noticed the world accelerating around you? Do you feel excited, interested, curious, surprised, cautious or even fascinated? Have you wondered about how to cope with this? Then this book is for you.
---
Over the past five decades, several mysterious and seemingly unrelated events have taken place. Sand has become rare. Species have disappeared at unprecedented rates. Diabetes rates have boomed. Online data thefts have surged. Urbanization and waste have soared. What is happening? Is it globalization? Or is something much deeper taking place, something that the world had never experienced before – a tremendous acceleration?

Why and how has this acceleration been possible? What are the implications of a new accelerating world and does it necessarily lead to a loss of control? The Accelerating World: Speed vs. Control will take you through captivating anecdotes and data analysis in seven areas: Population, Economy, Technology, Data, Environment, Freedoms and Health. From the implications of a world adding a billion more people every 12 years, to global GDP explosion (X10 in a century!), exponential computing capabilities, environmental use or what it means to live in a world of data and individual freedoms. The Accelerating World: Speed vs. control will take you through some 100 graphical analysis with anecdotes on where the world is and where the acceleration is leading.

--

Hello,

I am Emmanuel from Paris and I would love to hear your comments and suggestions on my book.
Available on Amazon : http://amzn.to/2h7zO7P

Thank you for letting me take part in this forum. All the best!
Have you noticed the world accelerating around you? Do you feel excited, interested, curious, surprised, cautious or even fascinated? Have you wondered about how to cope with this? Then this book is for you.

http://amzn.to/2h7zO7P

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”