• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Hello From Missouri

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
hlawrence
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Hello From Missouri

Unread post

Hello everyone,
I am a male and I am from Missouri. My hobbies include working jigsaw puzzles, playing golf, watching movies. I enjoy reading romance stories, mystery, inspirational or Christian books. I find this site by google search.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Hello From Missouri

Unread post

Hellow hlawrence, and :welcome: to Book Talk. I lived in the 'Show Me' state (Kansas City) quite few years ago - my children were still children. :) Always glad to welcome a new member to the site. My favorite genres are (fiction) science-fiction, mystery/crime, and historical. In the non-fiction category I like biographies and general history. :up: My hobbies include writing, fishing and some photography. :wink: Looking forward to some good discussions.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
hlawrence

Unread post

:up: Hello,
it is always great to know new people, I am still pretty new on this site. After I finish my thriller book I will work on a mystery. I did come up with a title for it " The One-eyed Informant" I haven't come up with any ideas of about the story yet. I am sure in due time it will come to me. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Harel
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hi Harel,

Welcome to the community. :-)

I've recently started to develop a love of jigsaw puzzles too. I'm hoping my wife got me one for Christmas. ;-)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
hlawrence

Unread post

Hello Chris,
thanks, I understand about your arm. It does make things difficult when your arm is in a cast. I have done some really challenging puzzles sometimes. I even put a 3D puzzle together and it was a challenge. I prefer anything over 500 pieces because I can put those together in about a day. I been wanting to do a 2,000 piece puzzle but no table big enough to do it. Hope your arm heals quick.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

The last puzzle I did, St. Maarten by Dowdle, was 500 pieces and on the easy side. But that's what I was looking for so it worked for me. I've found the 1,000 piece puzzles a bit of a challenge because of my poor eyesight but they are fun nonetheless. 750 seems about perfect.

2,000 pieces? I'd love to give one of those a shot but it would have to be a puzzle with enough color variation to make it reasonably possible to complete. When a puzzle has huge sections all the same color it can be far from enjoyable. Doing jigsaw puzzles is (or is supposed to be) relaxing and a bit therapeutic to me.

If you have any recommendations on puzzles let me know. The St. Maarten puzzle I mentioned above was bought at Costco for $9.99. It is $19.99 on the Dowdle website. I was very impressed with the quality of that Dowdle puzzle and will do more by that company soon.

Happy puzzling to you. 8)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
hlawrence

Unread post

Hello,
do you have a Facebook account? If you do there is a puzzle game called Jigsaw Friends. There are a lot of puzzles to work.
Thanks,
Harel

Return to “Everything Else”