Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
What do you think of this blurb? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Master Debater

Post What do you think of this blurb?
I'm about to release my third book and second novel: Chaos Rising. What do you think of this as the blurb for the back of the book?

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers. In a single night, every police precinct of New York City is destroyed and the White House is taken hostage. A new team of heroes must band together to discover the true evil behind it all. But that evil is ready for them. It won't be a fair fight.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:49 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One with Books

Silver Contributor

Post Re: What do you think of this blurb?
my first response was "yeah that about sums up the current situation" :-D

it seemed a reasonable blurb, but i did find myself wanting to reword it somehow, to remove that subtlest, ever so faint hint of cliche that seemed to seep through, it doesn't seem an easy task though, too much like hard work for me :-D

for example

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers.

In a world of secrets no one knows how (insert name of murderers from book here) got their hands on the strange new weapons.

aaarghhh writing is hard work :lol:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:26 pm
Profile Email
Master Debater

Yeah, blurbs aren't easy to do. I've already had some good suggestions for little changes. When I do the page for it on Amazon I plan an additional write up to help bring the reader in some more.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:18 am
Profile Email
Asleep in Reading Chair

GalaxyZento wrote:
I'm about to release my third book and second novel: Chaos Rising. What do you think of this as the blurb for the back of the book?

The world has gone dark and alien weapons are in the hands of murderers. In a single night, every police precinct of New York City is destroyed and the White House is taken hostage. A new team of heroes must band together to discover the true evil behind it all. But that evil is ready for them. It won't be a fair fight.

The part about the White House being taken hostage caught my eye. Do people normally say "such and such building is taken hostage"?

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Almost Comfortable

I liked the first half of your blurb. You caught my attention. The last part left me wondering what the problem is though...

I'd prefer a different sentence to end it. Leaving more of a hook.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:48 am
Profile Email YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Official Newbie!

Sounds like a really interesting book. A few suggestions on the blurb below, I hope if you've published it sales are going well. The rejig below is just a suggestion.

In just one night every police precinct in New York City is destroyed. Alien weapons fall into the hands of murderers. The White House is taken hostage. In Earth's darkest hour, a new team of heroes band together to uncover the true evil behind it all. What they don't realise is, evil is ready for them. How do you win a fight you are destined to lose?

Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.