Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Let me try this again - introduction 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Post Let me try this again - introduction
I think I just proved I'm a newbie by posting in someone else's thread. I'll remove it there if I can and put it here.

Hi, I don't have a problem making up characters, describing them, giving them idiosyncrasies, and whole histories, but I get tongue-tied (finger-tied?) when I have to write about myself. I was born in Houston at the beginning of WWII. I remember some of it. My brother and I did our patriotic duty by drawing Hitler on our toilet paper before we used it. I still have the first fiction I ever wrote when I was six. It's the story of a boy who finds an injured prairie dog and nurses it back to health. Apparently, I believed in surprise endings because, at the end, he throws it back into the ocean and it swims away to live happily ever after. Either that or I had a short attention span.
I became a serious writer in junior high, mainly because I had a crush on Miss Snow, the journalism teacher. I wrote for school newspapers through high school and college, then wrote for the Stars and Stripes in the Army.
After that, I became a sort of gypsy writer, taking any job that paid. If they asked whether I knew about the assignment they had, I always said, "Oh, sure," then dashed to the library to read up on whatever it was. Some of the better-known publications were Sports Illustrated, Billboard, and the Houston Chronicle.
I've traveled some, but I now live on Lake Patzcuaro in Mexico with three dogs. Churchill the friendly pit bull who is 15, Hamish who resembles a type of dog known as a McNabb, and Poochie, a female about 6 months old who was thrown out of a car on the highway where another car hit her breaking her jaw. I really didn't want another dog, but I couldn't let her starve or be hit again so she's now part of the family. I ran cross-country for the University of Texas and still run in races. I also play a mean game of snooker. I haven't found anyone in Mexico who can beat me yet (at snooker, not running.)

Richard Ferguson

Last edited by senorcorredor on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank senorcorredor for this post:
ant
Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:40 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

Post Re: Let me try this again - introduction
:welcome:

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:49 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Thank you, ant.

Richard Ferguson

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

Hi Richard, and welcome.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:34 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Hello. I enjoyed reading your introduction. You sound like an interesting character :). See www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com for some stuff about me, my book and my art.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:12 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:19 am
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.