• In total there are 39 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Mystery Suspense Book! I need reviews :P

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Lou
Official Newbie!

Mystery Suspense Book! I need reviews :P

Unread post

I am the author.

It's called Leechsmeath.
http://www.webook.com/project/Leechsmeath-1

I have included the first chapter so you can decide if you want to read it or not. :)

She clamped her hand hard against his mouth, cutting off his scream.

After a few minutes, she took her hand away. She held her breath and frantically looked around. The empty feeling at her hip told her that her gun was lost. Her heart savagely drummed. She felt a drop of sweat roll down her forehead, oddly it felt cool.
Her head snapped up at the sound of light but sharp taps against the linoleum tiles.

"We need to move now" she whispered urgently in Thomas's ear.

She couldn’t see where she was crawling to, so she spread her hands in front of her, careful not to hit anything. The silence was almost unbearable. The darkness much more overwhelming. She could hear his breath as well as hers, laboured, hot on her shoulder. He was gripping a handful of her sweaty shirt and held it with such an intensity that her chest was constricting.

"I think it left" he said, stopping.

She looked back at him, her hands still exploring and meeting a thick, warm liquid. She jerked her hand away in the same time the metallic stench hit her nose." What’s that smell? " he asked.

“Blood” she replied.
It belonged no doubt to the nurse who had tried to help them only a few moments ago. She heard their pleas and came in with a flashlight.

“Jesus” he mumbled.

“I can see a light” she said, reassuringly.

“There’s no one here but us. It's impossible.” he said.

“There must be another way” he added.

“It feeds on the light, ” she said, "but we'll have to risk it".

"Are you nuts? Didn't you see the last person that tried to run?" he asked.

He then fumbled in the pocket of his jacket and got out matches.

"What are you crazy?" she said, looking at him, his sweaty face illuminated by the small fire.

"Maybe it doesn't like fire" he said, his hand slightly trembling.

They both stopped to listen to a disturbingly familiar sound. Thump, pause, thump, pause, thump……

Kate turned towards Thomas and blew out the match.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”