• In total there are 56 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Pork - Suspense Fiction for YA (Offering 1 free ebook for review for a limited time)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
RS Anthony
Official Newbie!

Pork - Suspense Fiction for YA (Offering 1 free ebook for review for a limited time)

Unread post

Hello Everyone,

I am the author of suspense fiction with a twist, Pork.
PORK_3Dsmall.jpg
PORK_3Dsmall.jpg (31.36 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
High school is torture for Steven Walthurst, and home isn’t a whole lot better. The only place that offers respite is an abandoned tree house at the edge of town. But something lurks in the nearby woods, and the long line of elm trees has a clear message for Steven: keep out.

Then one day, Steven finds a little girl lying unconscious, perilously close to the woods. As the two get to know one another, Steven experiences real friendship for the first time—and gets closer than ever to knowing the darkness that skulks between the trees.

He dedicates himself to keeping his new friend safe, but the tranquility of their fragile hidden world doesn’t last long. When an act of cruelty pushes Steven to his limits, his secrets—and those of the dark woods—come close to unraveling, threatening to destroy the one thing making his teenage life bearable.

Can Steven save everything he’s built from crumbling under the pressure?
Pork is now available for sale here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DO8LMYC

The first to request will receive a free mobi/epub copy for review in Amazon.

Thanks
Rose
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: Pork - Suspense Fiction for YA (Offering 1 free ebook for review for a limited time)

Unread post

I like the book title.

I'll read it to review it, if you'd like. I must warn you though. If I like it a lot, it's four stars. Only if the book is superb, or it touches me emotionally, will it get a maximum rating. Basically, I'm telling you that I'll be truthful in my review. So I won't just give you a fluffy rating for giving me the book.
RS Anthony
Official Newbie!

Re: Pork - Suspense Fiction for YA (Offering 1 free ebook for review for a limited time)

Unread post

Thanks for replying to this post, Murmur. Yes, an honest review is all I ask for. Would you be able to PM me your e-mail address? Let me know which format you'd like the book in and I'll have it sent over.

Thanks
Rose
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

I finished reading Pork several days ago.

It's ok for a novella. I didn't find it exciting. However, I'm not the target audience for it.

It's well written. I mean, it's written well enough to hold my attention. There are no holes in the writing, meaning, the scenes flowed well from one to another. The action flowed well too.

Too little happened in the novella. I felt like the only notable events that happened was when the treehouse burned and the very end of the whole thing.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”