• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Cartoon Explanation of the Limits of Empiricism

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Cartoon Explanation of the Limits of Empiricism

Unread post

http://existentialcomics.com/

And perhaps related, I suggest most of you do away with saying "evidence shows, this, this, this, etc" and replace it with "consensus science tell us this ______"
Because that's what you're actually placing your bets on - the authority of consensus science.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Cartoon Explanation of the Limits of Empiricism

Unread post

I didn't see anything in the cartoon regarding consensus science. It's a good cartoon, exploring the limits of knowledge. A purely empiricist philosophy doesn't explain seemingly innate ideas. I think a bit of nativism is needed.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Re: Cartoon Explanation of the Limits of Empiricism

Unread post

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”