• In total there are 32 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Trump is not a joke

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Trump is not a joke

Unread post

K, Con.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:K, Con.

seriously.., you don't get out much, do you?

There are plenty of young republicans I work with that reject Trump.

You need to get out more into larger populations.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Ok Con.

Weird how throwing up a blanket label like Con, or Lib seems to dismiss everything that's said without consideration.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:Ok Con.

Weird how throwing up a blanket label like Con, or Lib seems to dismiss everything that's said without consideration.

Of course I have to dismiss your generalizations without consideration. It's bad reasoning on your part.

Friends that I grew up with that are older than "new" republicans reject Trump.

There are tons of articles on the internet written by proclaimed republicans that reject Trump.

What planet do you live on?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Ok, whatever Con.
-Guillermo Del Torro

ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:Ok, whatever Con.

Actually, nearly the entire sitting republican party rejects Trump - even those ill-prepared morons find him distasteful!

WTF were you thinking?

"the face" - geez.

In a sense, Bernie and Trump have more in common with each other than they'd like to admit.
For starters, Dems and Republican parties do not consider them to be part of their establishment.
I could go on..
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Ant wrote:Dont know why libs consider him a Republican when Republican candidates reject him, with the exception of perhaps one or two.
...Actually, nearly the entire sitting republican party rejects Trump - even those ill-prepared morons find him distasteful!
Well I admit I don't get that. Trump doesn't fit into traditional Republican boxes and many in that party fight against him. However he beat 16 other candidates that fit those boxes, earned more votes than any of them, won more states, won more delegates by a wide margin, the Chairman of the RNC is urging all Republicans to support Trump - and he is the nominee of the Republican party! Since the Republican party is nominating Trump, how are we to conclude he is not a Republican?
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:
Ant wrote:Dont know why libs consider him a Republican when Republican candidates reject him, with the exception of perhaps one or two.
...Actually, nearly the entire sitting republican party rejects Trump - even those ill-prepared morons find him distasteful!
Well I admit I don't get that. Trump doesn't fit into traditional Republican boxes and many in that party fight against him. However he beat 16 other candidates that fit those boxes, earned more votes than any of them, won more states, won more delegates by a wide margin, the Chairman of the RNC is urging all Republicans to support Trump - and he is the nominee of the Republican party! Since the Republican party is nominating Trump, how are we to conclude he is not a Republican?

Probably because voters from both sides are sick and tired of the same old worn out dishonest "business as usual" politics.
That's why you have radical candidates like Bernie and Donald arousing so much fervor.
None of the traditional candidates brought anything new to the table and none of them were very likable to the general public, which is important for voters.
Part of Obama's success was that his personal presentation was very good. His persona was very very likable.

A huge part of Johnson's lack of sophistication and naiveness is he see things as being either black, white, or grey.
Nature AND people are much more nuanced than that.
Last edited by ant on Thu May 05, 2016 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

The most impressive thing about you, Ant, is how you obliviously skip over the entire content of a post and then assign your own message to what others have said. And then THAT's what you talk about for the rest of eternity.

Why don't you skip the middle man and just grab totally unrelated text from a different web site and respond to that ad nauseam as though it came from one of us?
This species lives intertidally and subtidally on sandy substrates, and is found primarily in the tropical and subtropical Western Atlantic Ocean, from North Carolina to Uruguay.
You see, what ANT said above is that he doesn't care how many people's face have to be chewed to the bone by piranhas. He is un-sympathetic to the suffering of the piranha gnawed, and that will never change because of his utter lack of sophistication and abundance of "naiveness".

Signed
resident Lib.

#Anting
-Guillermo Del Torro

ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Johnson wrote.,
Trump is the face of the new republican.
Bad argument when there are republicans with "faces" that do not reflect any of Trump's rhetoric.

(drops the mic)

Return to “Current Events & History”