• In total there are 39 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Intuitive understanding and quantum mechanics

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Intuitive understanding and quantum mechanics

Unread post

ant wrote:Einstein's universal axiom is presupposed and based on nothing more than faith:

Faith laws are constant universally

Faith the universe is comprehensible
Yes, beliefs such as that the universe exists and obeys consistent laws which can be discovered through evidence and logic are statements of faith, when considered as axioms.

Einstein expanded on his views on faith in a credo available at http://www.einstein-website.de/z_biography/credo.html
Albert Einstein wrote:The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as of all serious endeavour in art and science. He who never had this experience seems to me, if not dead, then at least blind. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is a something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense I am religious. To me it suffices to wonder at these secrets and to attempt humbly to grasp with my mind a mere image of the lofty structure of all there is."

Return to “Science & Technology”