• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Anne Rice

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
GrammaNonni
Getting Comfortable

Anne Rice

Unread post

I recommend two series by Anne Rice: The Wolf Chronicles and The Songs of the Seraphim. They currently have only two books each and she is not writing as prolifically as she used to, so it would be easy to catch up.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: Anne Rice

Unread post

I think I actually have The Wolf Gift somewhere on this kindle of mine. I know I loved the Mayfair witches, and the vampire novels as well. Anne Rice did this genre the way it should be....or I guess I'm just a Twilight hater lol. but I will definitely check it out soon.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
GrammaNonni
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you, CoolSummer, I loved the Mayfair witches and most of the vampires. I think a couple of them got a bit tedious. I wish she would write more in the Mayfair witches series. It seemed like a few things got left hanging. Hope you find 'The Wolf Gift' on that Kindle. It is incredible, and another genre that she does as it should be.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

I agree about the Mayfair witches series. But if she writes more I hope she does it in the same vein as the first book in the series, which blew my mind when I read it as a young person. Turned out that I had the first book of both series you mentioned above on my kindle cloud. Luckily I recently discovered my ability to borrow books from my public library for my kindle, so hopefully I can borrow the second book from each. It amazes me how the price of e-books have risen
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
mlmooney89
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I have read and currently own most of the vampire chronicles. I actually went through a phase in jr high where I was obsessed with the series. I managed to convince my brother I was a vampire...

I like her style of writing for the most part but as I got older I felt you could tell Rice was a girl by how she wrote the interactions of the vampires. I get that they were lonely since they lived forever but really she made the entire 'cast' seem gay from how they desired each other. I'm not against gay in any sense but really the entire set of characters?

Am I the only one that thinks this?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”