• In total there are 52 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

How does LASER STRAIGHT work?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How does LASER STRAIGHT work?

Unread post

Does anyone know how "LASER STRAIGHT" can make the laser beam go around a corner? I thought I was relatively literate in science up until now.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

bent coherent light

Unread post

Just saw the commercial again. I'm guessing you place the device on a wall opposite the corner so it sends a line clear across the room, "bending" around corners...
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: bent coherent light

Unread post

That isn't how they show it working on TV. It looks like the beam actually bends around the corner.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Travis Neal

RE: How does LASER STRAIGHT work?

Unread post

I was also curious how a laser could bend around corners (Jr.High science says no way), so I reviewed the infomercial. As you might expect the infamous "small type" makes an appearance.About 2/3 of the way through, under the bullet "Goes Around Corners" it says (in small type of course) "Laser must be pointed at corner" suggesting that the previous respondent was correct and the laser does not bend around corners but is "split" by a hard corner when aligned perfectly.A flash video of the Laser Straight(tm) infomercial is at:/www.drdynamics.com/products/laser(Right click and you can zoom in a bit on the "small type")
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: RE: How does LASER STRAIGHT work?

Unread post

I'm actually quite relieved to learn this as everything I knew about physics was being challenged. (which isn't that much anyway) LOLChris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “Science & Technology”