• In total there are 49 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Is hell a good representation of Romans 12:21?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

God cannot create good people who will not sin. A slight glitch in God’s creative technique that believers attribute to his giving us free will. But our free will does not include our ability to choose not to sin. This is obvious as we are told that we are all born sinners and that all of us are condemned because of this glitch. If even one of us could not sin, we would all know about it.

While reading, I came across this verse. Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell is not usually considered a good thing.

Further, we are told that we are to emulate God in all ways. Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If this is so, should we, in seeking to be as perfect as God, ignore Romans 12:21 and do as God does and return evil for evil?

If God does not follow his own good advice, does that mean that we do not need to either?

Should we be following Romans 12:21 and ignoring Matthew 5:48 or following Matthew 5:48 and ignoring Romans 12:21. Clearly we cannot follow both as they are contradicting each other.

Should God return good for evil or should he return evil for evil?

Regards
DL
Last edited by Gnostic Bishop on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Is hell a good representation of Romans 12:21?

Unread post

For one you misinterpreted Matthew 5:48. This is in my upcoming book as noted "Come on MAN, Speak English to ME about GOD" You need to take proper hermeneutics (science of interpreting the Bible) to define the word "perfect." Find out what "mature" truly means and get back to me. Good logical thinking. You just went about it slightly wrong. Good day!
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

brother bob wrote:For one you misinterpreted Matthew 5:48. This is in my upcoming book as noted "Come on MAN, Speak English to ME about GOD" You need to take proper hermeneutics (science of interpreting the Bible) to define the word "perfect." Find out what "mature" truly means and get back to me. Good logical thinking. You just went about it slightly wrong. Good day!
If this is your way of answering questions, your book will not be worth reading.

Regards
DL
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Sorry, to not just agree with you when you are wrong. Let me know about your condition of thin skin. If you want to learn you have to be open to criticism. I thought you might want to know the truth. Best Wishes!

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”