• In total there are 70 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Water Minute Mysteries (5-Star review by Amazon TOP 500 Reviewer)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
p_aaron
Official Newbie!

Water Minute Mysteries (5-Star review by Amazon TOP 500 Reviewer)

Unread post

Hey all,

I've been writing some short mysteries this year - it started out as a way to amuse someone I care about, and now they're up on amazon, because I thought, well hey, let's try it. Check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Each is less than ten minutes. They're 99 cents, but I can just email them to you if you'd rather save the buck. Also, write me a short review on amazon, so I can see what you think, and say to myself, "Well that's nice that he/she read my stories."

Water Minute Mysteries 1-10

Best
Aaron

Story 1. A Deadly Yellow Leaf (8 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out who the murderer was?
Story 2. A Body In Motion (5 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out where the visitor came from?
Story 3. The Cat's Sad Swim (9 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out what happened to the cat?
Story 4. A Missing File (9 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out who stole the movie?
Story 5. An Evil Among Us (8 minutes to read)
- Are you as quick to catch on as The Professor?
Story 6. Strange Little Visitors (8 minutes to read)
- What did they see and why are they still alive?
Story 7. Three Lovers (9 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out who attempted the murder?
Story 8. Great Grand Uncle (6 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out what The Professor saw?
Story 9. Gentle Creeps A Killer (9 minutes to read)
- Where did the Rolex go and did it stop a murderer?
Story 10. Side Effects (7 minutes to read)
- Can you figure out what was wrong with the woman?

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by p_aaron on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
p_aaron
Official Newbie!

Re: Water Minute Mysteries 1-10 (4.5 stars on Amazon)

Unread post

One new review since I posted yesterday (but actually that was just good luck). Still, it was a nice review, so I thought I would include part of it below. Thanks to everyone who's had a look at this thread.

'Although I’m not particularly a fan of mysteries and I loath the Kindle and all other electronic readers, I recently found myself on a broken down bus in The Berkshires and my friend gave me this collection to read. The stories here are very engaging and well written. Mr. Mitchell writes with a clarity of prose that is missing in many of the celebrated writers of today, yet the simplicity of his prose in no way limits him to simple ideas or subjects. These ten stories are tied together by an endearing character—the professor—with a penchant for young women, but a moral integrity that makes him likeable. Perhaps the shortest and least mysterious of these stories is “Great Grand Uncle,” and it’s this story that I found to be the most moving as a meditation on loss and family.' - the doom loop, 5 stars
p_aaron
Official Newbie!

Re: Water Minute Mysteries (5-Star review by Amazon TOP 500 Reviewer)

Unread post

Yesterday, an Amazon TOP 500 Reviewer gave the stories a 5-Star review, which was so nice. I changed the title of the thread to note that. The Amazon stories are still here:

Water Minute Mysteries 1-10

or you can go to the website and pick out a short one to see if you like it (only the first three stories at the website include solutions to the mysteries, but the Amazon book includes all the solutions):

waterminutemysteries.com

Also, some of the other threads in this fiction book forum look pretty cool. Talented people out there. Check them out!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”