• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Falling to Minimum Wage Misery: How I survived the Great Recession

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Tara_Boxman
Official Newbie!

Falling to Minimum Wage Misery: How I survived the Great Recession

Unread post

Hello All,

I published my memoir called Falling to Minimum Wage Misery: How I survived the Great Recession back in December of last year, but in a few days on kindle from August 30, 2015 until September 3, 2015 it will be available for free. The link to the book is here: Falling to Minimum Wage Misery

The book is my view on working a minimum wage job after having once had a professional job like a teacher. My book makes fun of the whole culture of the big box store, and the problems that many people faced during the Great Recession. What makes my book unusual against a backdrop of many such books as these? I guess mine is a bit unusual in the sense that I wrote my book by themes. These were situations that arose again and again during this time period. In some ways it was also a study of the mores of the Big Box Store. I was a mental health counselor at one point, and I love to watch how humans act and react in different situations. I saw how this way of life differed from socioeconomic groups in our society. In other words, it takes a look at the caste like striation of American culture.

Enjoy!

Tara Boxman (S. Immak) :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”