• In total there are 60 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

My new Young Adult/Family Drama/Thriller ebook Twisted Greens

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
smdahman
Official Newbie!

My new Young Adult/Family Drama/Thriller ebook Twisted Greens

Unread post

I just released my new ebook Twisted Greens on Amazon, Nook and ibooks. It currently has a 4.5 star ranking on Amazon. I would really appreciate any feedback you have.

AJ Jameson, a rich kid from the suburbs of Atlanta, Ga., is about to graduate from high school. He has it all—good looks, a terrific girlfriend, a fancy car, brains, and the attitude to go with them. No one should suspect that this wealthy kid has his own lucrative business hidden in the woods.

AJ plans to expand his business to a location by his school once fall semester starts. Little does he know that his plans will soon be derailed. First, his desperate father, Al, is in need of some serious help. Things get even more complicated when AJ begins receiving calls from a mysterious creep, demanding that AJ shut down his operation or suffer the consequences. To further complicate his life, Al’s former business rival, real estate tycoon Colton Hunter, enters the scene and wants a piece of the action as well.

Can AJ shake the creep? Will he cave to the persuasions of a very powerful businessman?

You can read a free sample at Amazon or the read for free section of my blog at http://smdahman.com/read-for-free/

:::Here's the prologue:::

My life was one giant duplicitous act.

As I sat in the CR-V panting and drenched in sweat, I wondered how I was going to get myself out of this shit, shit that I was in up to my neck. For once in my life, I wasn’t so self-assured.

“Jesus, bro! What are we going to do? He’s got a fucking gun!” The driver shouted. As I watched the man approach the car in the vanity mirror, I briefly closed my eyes. How the hell did it come to this? I asked myself. It was supposed to be so simple. I only wanted a business of my own. I would have never expected to be in the crosshairs of a maniac’s gun. But of course I was. Every decision I’d made, decisions that seemed so inconsequential, so insignificant at the time, had brought me right here, right to this moment. My choices had altered the course of not only my life, but also the lives of all the people I loved.

Snapping back into the present, I opened my eyes. “Right now, I need you to calm the fuck down and drive.”

The car lurched forward as a bullet shattered the back window...

:thanks2: for clicking on the post!
smdahman
Official Newbie!

Re: My new Young Adult/Family Drama/Thriller ebook Twisted Greens

Unread post

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who stopped by to view my post. Since so many people are viewing it I wanted to add the beginning of the first chapter and would welcome any feedback from this deep forum of readers.

Suckered

Wednesday, May 20th

“Alistair Davis Jameson Jr. You are not wasting your summer in some clothing store. Don’t be absurd!” My mother exclaimed as she tossed the job application on the counter. She turned toward my father, who was perched on a stool behind the kitchen island. Placing a perfectly manicured hand on her hip, she continued yapping. “Al, you need to support me and talk some sense into your son. He needs to get this ridiculous notion out of his head.”

I sighed as I stared at the application lying on the counter. Hmm. Looks like I need to develop another viable front for my weed business. I brushed that thought aside. “I don’t see how that’s absurd or ridiculous, mother. School is out for the summer, therefore ending my tutoring business. I think I deserve a relaxing summer. You want me to work during the summer as some intern in some company—”

“Yes, and I—”

“Wait, let me finish my point, mom. It’s a little late to apply for an internship. I’m pretty sure working in the mall is a legitimate way to spend my time and save toward my future,” I concluded.

My mother held up her hand. “AJ, you need to work somewhere that will benefit your career plans. How is working at some store in the mall going to help you? Unless, of course, you’re planning on opening a business like that after college.” She raised an eyebrow and smoothed the nonexistent wrinkles from her tailored red blazer. “I strongly suggest you reconsider your decision, or else there will be consequences.”

“Such as?”

“Such as me repossessing your car, for starters. A car of that caliber is intended for people who are going places in life, not for those working minimum-wage jobs.”

I paused before reaching into the fridge and grabbing the orange juice. The black custom-designed Mercedes Benz E550 Coupe with the red interior was an early graduation present from my mother. I helped to customize it. My baby was a thing of beauty. Forget saving money to expand my growing business. Perhaps I should use the cash to buy my baby from my mom. Easy, AJ. That would surely arouse suspicion. Dr. Alice would wonder how you got the money—and cash to boot. I focused on the present conversation. “Who said I don’t want to open a clothing store chain in the future? It’s good to start at the bottom and learn all the ins and outs, right?” I answered as I placed the juice on the counter.

Exasperated, my mother threw her hands in the air. “AJ, your rationale is nonsensical. Al, you need to talk some sense into your son.” I looked at my father, who appeared mired in his own private version of hell. His bloodshot eyes were saddled in deep bags and focused on something in the distance. Dark stubble masked the lower half of his face. Coffee-colored stains dotted his white undershirt. Essentially, he looked like shit.

My father cleared his throat. “Son, maybe you should consider an internship with some of my old business associates. I could make some calls to see if anyone can bring you on board this late in the game.”

http://smdahman.com/read-for-free/chapter1_p1/ Buy Twisted Greens On Amazon
smdahman
Official Newbie!

Re: My new Young Adult/Family Drama/Thriller ebook Twisted Greens

Unread post

:up: I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has taken the time to view my post and supported me with multiple purchases!

I will maintain the $.99 launch price in the top 3 ebook stores through the end of August. Starting in September it will increase to $2.99.

This is a great opportunity to take a chance on a new book and would allow me to get some great feedback so I can make sure my future books are the best in the marketplace.

Thanks!

S.M.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”