• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Poetry in 2015

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Re: Poetry in 2015

Unread post

We are about to reach March, which is followed by National Poetry Month, aka April.

I have an idea for a thread called, Daily Poem. The thing is I don't want to be the only one posting poems. Anyone else interested in helping me to post a poem a day? No big commitment, just if you notice that no poem has been posted for a day, please post one. Let's see how long we can keep up posting a poem a day. No other rules. People should feel free to post a 2nd or even a 3rd poem or to make comments about poems.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

For Poetry lovers on the north east coast of the USA or anyone wanting a reason to travel to Massachusetts - a poetry festival -

The schedule for the 7th Massachusetts Poetry Festival is now live!
Join us May 1-3 in Salem with headliners Rita Dove • Richard Blanco • Stephen Burt • Denise Duhamel • Nick Flynn • Regie Gibson • Jorie Graham • Edward Hirsch • Richard Hoffman • Adrian Matejka • Marge Piercy • Rachel Wiley • and with the hundreds of fabulous poets participating in sessions. Buy your button today!

The amazing thing about this festival is that it is $15 general admission or $25 general admission + workshop!
bookreader131
Official Newbie!

Unread post

This is by a new poet- Ronaq Mathur, from his book Rambles and Little Things. Its a short excerpt from his poem "Lads and Ladies"

Lads and ladies brace yourselves
Or else you’ll never see,
The mysteries in the lemony goodness
Not just your coffee and tea

Burgers, nachos, tequila and rum,
You’re essentials to say the least,
But get a grip and seize it now,
Or you won’t even see the feast

Ladies and lads, now there’s a twist,
That’ll make many a fine man mad,
But hey, there’s change, or so I like to think,
The pruning of a bygone fad,

Contemporary twist on "when life gives you lemons" and addresses a bunch of modern day issues- definitely worth a read!

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”