• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Gene programming grows roots

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Gene programming grows roots

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:Notice they ended that research due to bad results. However I think this is inevitable. As Ant implied, at some point in the future the tech will improve and a few folks will be so wealthy they will make it happen. They will want hyper-intelligent children and will design them in secret if necessary. Once a class of this type grows, mere homo-sapiens will demand the new breed become our leaders and away we go.

Yes, there is still work to be done.Grappling with the moral issues at some point will be incidental: anything that can be done eventually gets done.

As far as looks are concerned, again, i see no reason why our conceptions of "beauty" will not change.

THis might be interesting and related as well:
I think there are evolutionary indications that homo ssapiens are beginning to shed the pinky toe.
It is essentially worthless and serves no purpose any longer.
As a very small example, 4 toes may be more desirable and more aesthetically pleasing than your ugly 5 toed feet.

Also, how is tbe cranium beginning to change and what might be necessary for greater intelligence archetect ually?
Some people seem to think that Pamela Anderson looks will still be in vogue in the year 2300.

But seriously now: i speculate there will be clear distictions that will separate a few from "the rest"
Could be. At some point when design becomes a workable science.
That form of design will not be blind.
But nature is blind, huh?

Return to “Science & Technology”