• In total there are 27 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 27 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I am here to learn, please help!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MistyN87

I am here to learn, please help!

Unread post

Hello everyone

My name is Nilesh Mistry, I have been watching this forum for a while now, and thought it was about time I accomplished my fears and signed up! I think what this forum does is great and you all seem like friendly people that kind of seem to be open minded and not judgemental.

Why I want to be part of your community:
I love books, reading, writing, discussions and most importantly learning. I say learning as being my most important hobby because I really want to learn to be a better person, more educated, and want to write and discuss better.

A little about me:
I am registered blind, I read using Braille, audio books, or E/I/KINDLE books using text to speech synthesised software such as JAWs, NVDA or voice over. I occasionally read print books with a scanner and text to speech system, but this takes a lot longer. I am a 27 year old male, living in Coventry, UK.
I graduated university with a 2:1, my degree being in combined homers “creative music technology and computer science.”
I have then gone on to work in sales, media and website design and development, and have kept up the hobby of music technology, such as recording and producing for bands and artists, DJing, and pursuing my thrill for music productions.
I am currently self-employed as a website designer / developer and internet marketer. And still try to stay in touch with music production and technology. I would like to think of my self as an entrepreneur, but lack a lot of confidence.

I would really appreciate any tips and advice any of you can give me in terms of Writing (spelling and grammar, writing style, creative writing and anything to do with writing), but also, personality, as in, how I come across while discussing and communicating, even how I come across as a first impression.

To find out more about the books I like reading, please refer to my Goodreads account, however I am very open minded and would love to try reading all kinds of books. My Goodreads account is:
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/101 ... esh-mistry

Thank you for reading this!
Cant wait to get involved and see you all around the forum.
Look forwarding to meeting and discussing with you
Nilesh Mistry!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: I am here to learn, please help!

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”