• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Always have a book

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
hazeleyes510
Official Newbie!

Always have a book

Unread post

Hello,

My name is Lee and I currently reside in sunny Florida! My passion is reading. My parents say I have been reading ever since I was able to pick up a newspaper or magazine haha. I would read ANYTHING that I could get my hands on! I constantly have a book in hand, in my purse, my car, on my nightstand. I bring a book with me no matter where I go! My taste in books vary on my moods. I work at our local county Sheriff's Office so true crime has always been my first choice. But since working for the jail, it can be very crazy. I also read romance-humor or comedy just to escape that craziness! I also love biographies, suspense/thriller and yes, horror. So that is my interests in books and why I joined this site.

I am a single mom of two amazing kids, a girl (14) and a boy (11). I have been divorced for 5 years now, and despite a very messy divorce, my ex and I have been able to get past all the ugliness and have become friends. I am originally from Boston and yes, I am still a Bostonian at heart and love my sports teams! I have only been in Florida since 2008. It is much different here than up North, I must say. Too many transient people, which makes it very hard to become friends with anyone. Once you get close to them, something happens and they up and move away. I am very fortunate to work with a wonderful group of people, but we see enough of each other at work, certainly don't want to go out with them afterwards haha.

Anyways, I am hoping to make some new friends on here and share a common interest..... BOOKS!!!!

Thanks and looking forward to sharing some opinions and suggestions with some of you!
Happy reading! :)
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: Always have a book

Unread post

Hi and Welcome Lee, If you love books you have definitely landed in the right place. The group is pretty active and there are lots of friendly readers who post. They always seem to have a book going for discussion too. See you in the forums. :-)
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Lee, and welcome to Book Talk. :welcome: We are a mostly friendly bunch, and while we sometimes grown at one another, we don't bite. Only been to Florida a couple of times, both on business. Would love to play tourist there sometime. :yes: Not sure what books to recommend, so I will give you some of my favorite authors and their genres. I like Michael Connelly (Crime and mystery), Bernard Cornwell (Historical Fiction), Gail Fraser (Humor), and Dean Koontz (Horror - I am reading one of his right now). I also like non-fiction in the biography and history areas. Looking forward to some good conversations.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
hazeleyes510
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Cattleman. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. It seems we have some authors in common. I am a HUGE Dean Koontz fan! What one are you reading of his now? I just finished "The Husband" a little while ago. Loved it! I have two complete shelves filled with his books..... I first got hooked on him when reading "Strangers", what an awesome book by the way. If you haven't read it, I HIGLY suggest it!!! I have heard of Michael Connelly but never read one his books. I will have to try it. And I also haven't heard of Gail Fraser, but since I love humor I will definitely have to try one of hers as well. My library consists of Jennifer Crusie/Jennifer Weiner/Janet Evanovich (for romance/humor) and Dean Koontz/John Saul (for Horror), and I also love Michael Palmer/Robin Cook (for suspense/mystery crime). I especially like Robin Cook because in most of his books he writes about the hospital that I was born in. Mass General in Boston MA :).

Anyways, thanks again and look forward to chatting some more!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”