• In total there are 62 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

50 Shades of Grey Trilogy, Bestseller? HOW?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy, Bestseller? HOW?

Unread post

A bit off-topic here, but this thread makes me ask, how do all of Bill O'Reilly's "Killing" books make the best seller lists????
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the above comments - made me laugh! I have not read the book and now will not read it for sure!
Saw the movie because I was curious - BORING!!!
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I've read 50 Shads of Grey and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not bored, lonely or into BDSM. I read it as an author to see why it was successful. If you put aside the sex scenes it is a really good love story - showing that true love can overcome ANYTHING!
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

I never got past chapter 4 or 5. I couldn't find enough value in what I had read to that point to reel me any farther than that. I have heard some people gushing over the books though. Just don't get it either smh. Just finished reading all the
Other replies, I didn't realize that it started as Twilight fan fiction...wow now I understand my aversion even more. I couldn't get through the first book of that series either.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”