• In total there are 37 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A Month of Bedtime Stories (ages 5 to 11)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
blinkyblinky
Getting Comfortable

A Month of Bedtime Stories (ages 5 to 11)

Unread post

A Month of Bedtime Stories by Neil Roy McFarlane (that's me! :clap: ) contains 31 tales of wackiness and wonder where you are the main character. Ideal for reading to/with children aged 5 to 11.

This book has been on Amazon for 2 weeks now. I've sold 6 copies and got one review! (From a lady at work) Yay! :clap:

AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEW
5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic collection of hilarious stories. 22 May 2014
By Melanie Smart
Verified Purchase
My daughter and I love this collection of short stories. They make us both laugh out loud. They have a theme running through each story, a predictability my daughter loves almost as much as the fact that she is always the central character of each chapter. I love the totally wacky side - the cat and canary being one of my favourite cameos, but I love more than anything watching my daughters expressions change from hysterical laughter (the cry of 'no bum biting' in The Battle of the Ants) to a grimace (wait till you find out where Mrs Teasel keeps the baked beans). This collection will become a firm favourite. The only thing is it won't last a month - neither of us can leave it to just one story a night.

Featuring Captain Slinky the cockney pirate, Old Mrs Teasel who produces baked beans from a surprising location, a Queen of England who likes nothing more than to spend her days cleaning toilets, Professor Itchypants whose kingdom has been overrun by fleas, an impatient anteater, a time-traveling slug and a carrot-obsessed octopus whose hilarity-inducing name must remain secret in the interests of health and safety, and many more colorful characters.

Each story takes about ten to fifteen minutes to read, and with a whopping thirty-one stories, this collection is designed to last a month. But can YOU leave it to just one story per night?

CONTENTS (approx 220 pages):
1. Nanoodle Snagglebottom 2. The Submarine Full of Bees 3. Underground Adventure With an Annoying Rabbit 4. Toothpaste at the Centre of the Earth 5. Captain Slinky and the Cockney Pirates 6. Journey to the Clouds 7. The Battle of the Ants 8. Mrs Teasel’s Magic Finger 9. Hunt for the Sausage Monster 10. Tommy McBear and the Magic Stamp Tree 11. Jeanie and the Astrofish 12. The Vertiginous Squirrel 13. The Executive Mocking Birds 14. Professor Itchypants and the King of the Fleas 15. The Dentist That Time Forgot 16. Planet of the Grapes 17. The Roman Werewolves 18. The Teabag Witch and the Rubbish Rabbits 19. Kung Fu Legends of Grasshopper Glade 20. The Ice Cream Queen of Thunder Mountain 21. Ethel the Soap Fairy 22. The Thirty-Nine Bottles 23. Princess Coco’s Royal Toilet 24. Underwater Carrots 25. Not Mushroom in the Well 26. The Pied Piper of Kilimanjaro 27. Mission Imcheddarble 28. The Waiters Who Weren’t 29. Polygonoporus Giganticus 30. Shootout at the Deer Sisters’ Hideout 31. The Kangaroos That Went ‘Zzzzzzt!’ (The Final Adventure!)

:thanks2:
Last edited by blinkyblinky on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
blinkyblinky
Getting Comfortable

Re: A New Collection of Weird and Wacky Bedtime Stories for Kids

Unread post

I now have a new cover and some more reviews:

"I keep trying to get Mama to read more than one at night time – there are enough for a whole month but I don't want to take that long to read them all!" - Raif (Age 5) San Francisco Book Review
"Written with a great love of vocabulary, with a musical style [...] this book is not a month of bedtime stories, but a lifetime of them." - Carole P. Roman, Kirkus Best of 2012 Award-winning Author
"Australian author Neil Roy McFarlane likely has as fine a sense of humor as anyone writing today [...] Looney, wacky, imaginative and borderline crazy tales that McFarlane pens with absolute abandon." - Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer / Vine Voice
"This is an absolutely fantastic collection of stories" - JB, Top 500 Amazon Reviewer
Last edited by blinkyblinky on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
blinkyblinky
Getting Comfortable

Re: A New Ebook of Weird and Wacky Bedtime Stories for Kids

Unread post

:bananadance:
Last edited by blinkyblinky on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
blinkyblinky
Getting Comfortable

Re: A Month of Bedtime Stories (ages 5 to 11)

Unread post

In the 9 months since posting the first comment above, the book has gotten quite a number of reviews of which I'm very proud. Here are a selection:

Review
"A Month of Bedtime Stories will keep children in fits of laughter as they imagine themselves playing the lead character in all these adventures." - Readers' Favorite

"I like this book so much because it always comes up with new stories that are funnier than the last one." - San Francisco Book Review

"I loved each one and never once was ready to put the book down." - Chodi Kid Books

"These well-written and fast-paced stories are told with a touch of humor that both the child and the storyteller can enjoy" - Online Book Club

"Looney, wacky, imaginative and borderline crazy tales that McFarlane pens with absolute abandon." - Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Top 100 Reviewer / Vine Voice

"Written with a great love of vocabulary, with a musical style [...] this book is not a month of bedtime stories, but a lifetime of them." - Carole P. Roman, Kirkus Best of 2012 Award-winning Author

"A wonderful book well worth adding to any collection." - Book Reviews and Giveaways

"I keep trying to get Mama to read more than one at night time - there are enough for a whole month but I don't want to take that long to read them all!" - Raif (Age 5)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”