Re: Windows 8 my printer and I am not happy, or How i want to stop worrying and long for the bomb.
Technological advancements are almost always a double edged sword.
- Nuclear energy produces nuclear waste and has created the ability for mankind to obliterated itself.
- Medical advancements have greatly increased the well-being and lifespan of humans. But
we now are experiencing the rise of a medicated culture that can't function without it. In certain instances patients are over-medicated, or needlessly prescribed (there are always exceptions, of course) medication for one of the countless behavioral disorders that exist today.
- social networks have created anti-social, disengaged people in the real world.
- social networking has watered- down the meaning of the word "friend"
- privacy is harder to attain
- children spend less time being physically active.
- because technological advancements are making us sedntary creatures, our bones are becoming more brittle:http://www.medicaldaily.com/human-evolu ... ves-315616
- An enormous increase in the "pace of life"
Who exactly is the servant in our relationship with technology?
Modern societies would freeze to a complete standstill if they were ever unplugged for an indefinite period of time.