• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Opening the Locked Room

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
DavidHijon
Official Newbie!

Opening the Locked Room

Unread post

Hello,
I would like to show you my essay Opening the Locked Room: A Psychoanalytical Study of True Detective´s Character Rustin Cohle. This essay presents a deep analysis of Rustin Cohle, the main character of the HBO´s TV show True Detective. Rustin Cohle is a detective who has to investigate the case of a murdered woman whose corpse appears in a strange position the day of his daughter´s birthday. He is a lonely person who has a pessimistic vision of life. He is a reflexive character who considers himself a realistic person, but in philosophical terms he is conscious that he is a pessimistic person due to his vision of life and reality.
We will provide an analysis of his behaviour, his way of looking at reality and his psyche (or as he called it, his locked room) from a psychoanalytic point of view. To do so we use the Psychoanalytical theories provided by Freud and the recent research based on Trauma Theory.
http://www.amazon.com/Opening-Locked-Room-Psychoanalytical-Detective%C2%B4s-ebook/dp/B00QZFRB8I

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”