• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Prince by Machiavelli

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
mowow
Official Newbie!

The Prince by Machiavelli

Unread post

I've had heard of this book when I was in high school and saw it by a chance and decided to try it out. It's quite challenging I admit, especially for a non native speaker, but its curious enough to keep me going. I've been always amazed by man's power cravings.

http://ebookbees.com/the-prince-machiavelli-free-ebook/
“I hope she’ll be a fool — that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”
http://ebookbees.com/the-great-gatsby-free-ebook/
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: The Prince by Machiavelli

Unread post

Hi mowow and welcome to Book Talk. I read "The Prince" a few years ago, and found it intriguing. It is one of those books I think everyone should read.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: The Prince by Machiavelli

Unread post

Might be an interesting one to discuss, especially if we can show examples where modern politicians follow his advice.
As I recall, he was quite extreme - even blackmailing heads of opposing states.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25

Return to “What are you currently reading?”