• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Shout out from New York!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MMP
Official Newbie!

Shout out from New York!!

Unread post

Nope, not the city. Not too far from Canada New York.

I'm a mom of two lovelies and I love to escape into a good book. Before kids book holidays were talked of frequently - but now, well, the books are just... different & a lot more pink.

I love anything magical & had a such a close relationship to the Harry Potter books I felt a serious loss after it was over. I'm a sucker for romance, relatable characters, a happy ending—in fact, I feel like I've totally wasted my part of my life when a book ends horribly or in an unhappy way. I don't like feeling let down or depressed when a story ends. I also don't like loose ends. I want to know what each character had for dinner the night after the book ends.

I do try to stay fit - shaking it at Zumba or torturing myself in a 5K, but really I enjoy doing crafty things. I have a lot of 'ideas' that end up being a lot of work. If it involves paint or the arm saw I'm normally all in. I actually just painted over my entire garage door and added an incredibly creepy face to it in the spirit of Halloween. Yes, my neighbors do think I'm crazy.

So, anyways, I found this sweet site because I am a new author & I just self-published an ebook on Amazon - Its called The Feyling. This site came up for one of my searches for book communities and it seems like a pretty awesome set-up. I've already enjoyed reading through a handful of discussions.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Shout out from New York!!

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

I lived in Canandaigua New York for a bit as a child. Is that near you?
MMP
Official Newbie!

Re: Shout out from New York!!

Unread post

Thanks! and yes, it sure is! Its about an hour and a half away from me. I'm a little crazy about a couple restaurants they have there so it's hard to stay away.

Return to “Everything Else”