• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Advertising your book

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
rdc8492
Atop the Piled Books

Re: Advertising your book

Unread post

Very dumb question... but author ranking wise, of course the higher the better but Wiz made me wonder. Top 100k? and almost into to 10k? IF you are comfortable sharing this, where did it start out? Did you start low then grow consistently upward or start high and the new wear off and you start to lose ranking? My friend's book went live 6/4/14 and has just now started to drop into the 10k range. Never once been out of the top 50 in his category and until just last week, was always top 10-25 range with rankings in the 2k,3k range. Knowing there are millions out there, am I stressing over the drop for nothing?
If you like humorous science fiction, I invite you to read Highway to the Stars: The Beginning by B.E. Wilson
TheWizard
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Started out in the top million, but I'd been sitting in the top 10k for a while after a co-advertising thing I did with a charity

THAT, by the way, works. Get together with a charity and tell them you'll give your book profits to them if they'll advertise you for a week. It's very inexpensive and you can open up a whole new avenue to your forum
Robert Brady
Author of The Fovean Chronicles
http://www.swordsandsorcery.com
rdc8492
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Already thought of that. :-) Not for book promotion but I regularly support St. Judes so I asked the author if he would consider that option. I also heavily promote the Amazon Smile program too.

NOT SPAM, showing you the linkage in case others want to do the same for their books..
http://smile.amazon.com/Highway-Stars-B ... .e.+wilson

You can encourage your buyers to purchase your product via the Amazon Smile site and designate what charity they chose. Amazon only donates 5% but still, that's effort and commendable considering they don't have to do anything at all. It changes nothing on the author's end at all.
If you like humorous science fiction, I invite you to read Highway to the Stars: The Beginning by B.E. Wilson
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

I'll be trying the Kindle Countdown deal next week for the first time. I'll let you all know how it works out.
Daddyd
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

A friend of mine used a company called buview to help him get amazon reviews. He said he first used them to help better develop his main character due to so so reviews. I told him after I read his book the first time that the main character needed more something because I though ehh. After his revision, he said that he went back to the same company and got more reviews. Something about tired of giving away his book and peeps not giving any reviews. Any how, he’s now pitching to publishers. I hope this helps out.

Return to “Author's Lounge”